Sign in to follow this  
Guest bagelybear

does this make westwood no 2?

I doubt he will ever be picked and I'm unsure he even wants to be. If millwalls 90 yr old 2nd choice goalkeeper gets picked ahead of him there's really no point Westwood even putting the effort in.

• Agree 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Westwood should be number one. 

Westwood is No. 1...................................  OUR No. 1..........................

• Agree 2

Rudolph will still be Ireland's number one. Westwood and O'Neill clearly aren't friends. 

• Agree 1

Randolph do well at the Euro's. Can't fault his selection based on his performances.

He must be good to keep Westwood out though, as IMO he's the best keeper I've seen at Hillsborough in the last 25 years.

He was picked over Forde for Euros, so the O'Neill hate doesn't go that far. Even though Randolph IMO is the poorer keeper he didn't do anything too catastrophic to get dropped.

why are we even bothered?

his injury record is patchy-i'd rather he didn't play for them

• Agree 2

Good of Given to retire when he's 40 and not being picked anymore.

As he sat on the bench throughout the Euros he must have thought to himself "I tink dis is da royt toyme to announce moy retoyrement so it is".

• Agree 2

Randolph did really well at the euros and has done every time he plays for Ireland. He is their number 1 and as we approach the new season does it really matter? 

My kids go to holiday sports club here in Stockport. The owner of the club and some of the coaches are good mates with Westwood so after George had been at club in his Wednesday kit during Feb half term we got an invite to the QPR game, in Keiren's box. 

Yesterday he came home with his play off final gloves ... and was told to take them back this morning as Keiren's dropping his daughter off for the day so will sign them for him. 

Irelands No 2 ! 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, djstatic said:

Rudolph will still be Ireland's number one. Westwood and O'Neill clearly aren't friends. 

Yep

He must have given O Niel's wife a reyt finger blasting to not be picked over all these awful keepers! 

11 hours ago, folger said:

I doubt he will ever be picked and I'm unsure he even wants to be. If millwalls 90 yr old 2nd choice goalkeeper gets picked ahead of him there's really no point Westwood even putting the effort in.

I would imagine his professional pride would dictate he "puts the effort in"?