Do we need Abdi

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Where does Lee fit in that?

He starts in my side...4-2-3-1

Abdi/Hooper/FF competing for the slot just behind Fletcher. 

FF/Matias competing for LW

Wallace/Matias competing for RW

Joao pushing Fletcher

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

We need quality and the play off showed we are lacking a bit.

Abdi is a step up and Lee may nit make first 11 next season, especially if we buy the beast we need

Also, a big centre back, with a left foot, plus a flying winger in Alan Judge mould who can score a few, too.

Then its top 2, not play offs.

Also, we have to see if new Wolves are for real, or hot air. If former, we really have to step up 2 gears.

Surely out of every outfield position on the pitch, a central attacking midfielder is the one we need the least...

We actively need a left back, right back, centre back, anchor man, box to box, winger, like, we actively need those positions, yet we have gone out and got a player in the one position we don't actually need one in.

2 minutes ago, mikecass919 said:

Surely out of every outfield position on the pitch, a central attacking midfielder is the one we need the least...

We actively need a left back, right back, centre back, anchor man, box to box, winger, like, we actively need those positions, yet we have gone out and got a player in the one position we don't actually need one in.

And if Bannan got suspended like he did last season for a rash challenge?

Or Lee got injured?

Aside from the fact that Abdi is a different type to the CM's already established i.e Lee, Bannan, Semedo, Melo and quite possibly an upgrade on some if not all of those we are also not as strong numerically as last season. Lopez won't be returning, McGuigan has been told he can leave and Hutchinson is to be used (quite rightly) first and foremost as a CB.

Quailty signing in every department for where we are at right now.

Personally I think we need a big nasty barsteward ball winning general in middle of midfield more than anything. As well as one or two centre backs, left back and a winger.

Don't get the "need" for a "box-to-box" midfielder when we have Kieran Lee

Quality players are not always available, ones that fit your system less so. If CC sees Abdi as being a significant upgrade on the squad that's good enough for me.

He has stated that we are looking for two left backs, Pudil being one I assume, and a centre half. He is aware of what we need. Last season we loaned two centre halves, perhaps we'll do the same this season.

It's also clear we've been looking for a winger. We tried McGeady, it was an expensive mistake but it does indicate what he thinks we need to improve. Personally I don't care what order we get them in.

15 minutes ago, Stokey said:

Personally I think we need a big nasty barsteward ball winning general in middle of midfield more than anything. As well as one or two centre backs, left back and a winger.

Don't get the "need" for a "box-to-box" midfielder when we have Kieran Lee

Kieran Lee GETS box to box, but does he take the BALL box-to-box, hes not a ball carrier, we need a Diame, someone who can take that ball out of midfield, we couldn't get near him