cheaper junior home shirts

Been down to the shop today to get the reduction on 2 infant kits I bought at the Owls In The Park after the complaint at the steering group meeting, to only be told it only for the junior tops and not the infant kits. I think this is a disgrace.

The issue I guess is that the kits cost the club the same amount to produce no matter the size.

I suspect the answer will be as the infant kit is shorts and the lot you won't get a discount.

The issue more for me is that you cant buy the shirt on its own for an infant

if you look back on the website when they announced the kit was getting released at the OITP, it said the prices of the adults and the juniors but no mention of what the infants price so you assume the infants are in the junior category and the reason of getting shorts and socks with the infants is because they are smaller fitting.

I believe the only reason that the price was reduced on the junior shirts was that the club had forgotten that childrens clothing is zero rated for VAT and therefore at the original price the adult shirt was actually cheaper ex VAT than the junior shirt.  It's a worry that the commercial department could make such a fundamental error in the first place.

infants clothing are also zero rated vat.

the commercial side worry me with a lot of things like selling items at the wrong time of the year. Can't believe the amount of times I've gone to buy for my 5yr old and can't find anything for him. people will say just stop moaning about the price of kits as we are signing quality player. well I would rather pay the price I paid last season for my boys kits but then spend more on other quality items the club don't have. I'm sure if they did that the turnover of the shop would be a lot higher and everyone would be happy.

There are still concerns over the disparity between prices previously and this year, not to mention that photo showing the junior prices at £40 yet the club are trying to sell them off at a higher price which to be quite frank is disgusting.

I still believe that the prices should be reduced to £20-infants, £30-Junior, £40-Adults or thereabouts

The problem with this pricing issue is that loads of people have paid it, therefore the club probably won't care as there is obviously a demand. 

The only way around this would be if nobody bought them, but that hasn't happened! 

18 hours ago, gavlad said:

Been down to the shop today to get the reduction on 2 infant kits I bought at the Owls In The Park after the complaint at the steering group meeting, to only be told it only for the junior tops and not the infant kits. I think this is a disgrace.

Show em the pics on here of the original tags.

17 hours ago, KingCarlos said:

I believe the only reason that the price was reduced on the junior shirts was that the club had forgotten that childrens clothing is zero rated for VAT and therefore at the original price the adult shirt was actually cheaper ex VAT than the junior shirt.  It's a worry that the commercial department could make such a fundamental error in the first place.

Forgotten or found out lol

3 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Forgotten or found out lol

I think it shows that the pricing is a complete finger in the wind job, if it had been costed properly then all those calculations would have been made ex VAT and the price would have correct the first time.  I suspect complete lack of any retail experience (although a quick tour round the club shop is enough to indicate something is not quite right!)