Funniest thing you've seen at a footy match

Bit of light relief while we await news. Stories of fan foibles, keeper kerfuffles, referee ridiculousness and the like. What's made you laugh over the years?

Bonus points if you can remember which specific match it happened at.

No points at all for just nominating a player (or team) as your answer! lol

When watching conference football, we used to have the misfortune of a female referee gracing the pitch about once a season. I don't say that because she was female, I say that because she was the worst referee I've ever witnessed. The FA liked to hold her up as a bit of a poster girl, of proof that gender doesn't inhibit your ability to officiate a football match. Unfortunately, the effect was the opposite, because she was so abjectly atrocious that she was universally hated.

A personal favourite of mine was when the team I supported were essentially two on one in the counter attack. Player A passed it to Player B to get B one-on-one with the goalkeeper, while Player A, just after he played the pass, was fouled by the last defender. Player B pulls back his leg, shoots, and just as the ball is going past the goalkeeper, the referee blows her whistle. The ball nestles into the bottom corner... but she'd decided to give a free kick 25 yards out for the foul.

She booked the last defender.

We didn't score from the free kick

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Nuhius shot the nearly ended up halfway up the North stand on the halfway line at the end of last season was pretty spectacular 

Did he not do two shots that game , the other went in the south and nearly hit Chansiri lol.     UTO 

I always remember right up at the back of the South in the mid-90s, seeing this couple a few seats down from me obviously having a really niggly seething argument all game. She was sitting behind the bloke; early in 2nd half he turned to an old fella next to him and made some comment, at which point she scooped up the leftover 2/3 of her half-time pie and just slapped it down on her fella's bald head. It stayed there for about five seconds while he turned around in disbelief, then slowly slid off into his hood. For some reason that pie's comic timing was just so spot on, our whole row was absolutely falling about.

Bloke left and didn't come back, couple of minutes later she followed him. Still want to know what they were fighting about, and what he said to the old lad.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Bristol Rovers away last match of gary megson first season.

One of their fans was getting chucked out for gesturing to Wednesday fans. Started pointing at some of us saying we started it. 

Cue hundreds pointing back at him shouting for ages - "It was him he did it, it was him".  Very funny if you were there. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Bristol Rovers away last match of gary megson first season.

One of their fans was getting chucked out for gesturing to Wednesday fans. Started pointing at some of us saying we started it. 

Cue hundreds pointing back at him shouting for ages - "It was him he did it, it was him".  Very funny if you were there. 

haha I was there, remember it well. Old bloke as well, not sure what started it but every time the stewards spoke to him he pointed at us going "it was him".

I think that's the only away game where I've sat in an away end made from a gazebo.