Nintendo SWITCH (Formerly the Nintendo NX thread)

sheffield_dave

Went back to Astral Chain last night after getting close to the end and then shelving it when Link's Awakening came out.

It's way too difficult to pick up afresh at that late stage though, so I've restarted the game so I can ease myself back in.

I'd forgotten how good it looks - one of the most stylish games I've ever played.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneManBand said:

The Oled version's out today innit, anyone know if it's worth getting over the standard one.

Basically if you don’t have one, it’s worth getting the OLED over the vanilla. 

If you play exclusively handheld, it might be worth upgrading for the better screen. But maybe not.  

If you play docked a lot, don’t bother. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lee81 said:

It's really good. Hopefully sales are strong enough to prompt a new era of 2d metroids. 

That would be great.

Prime is one of my favourite series ever, and I can't wait for 4, but the classic Metroid formula just works so well, too.

The way the world gradually unfolds using its own internal logic is always enjoyable to play through.

One thing which had surprised me with Dread is how difficult it is at times. I've really had to sit up and pay attention to get past certain bosses / EMMI sections, which is great. 

Beat Dread at the weekend. Not been back to 100% it yet, though. Final boss fight took forever to master, but so satisfying once you do.

I'll definitely replay it, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy hard mode; it's already plenty hard enough!

It's hard to compare games from different eras and different stages of my life, but it's right up there with the best in the series for me.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2021 at 09:14, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Beat Dread at the weekend. Not been back to 100% it yet, though. Final boss fight took forever to master, but so satisfying once you do.

I'll definitely replay it, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy hard mode; it's already plenty hard enough!

It's hard to compare games from different eras and different stages of my life, but it's right up there with the best in the series for me.

Worth the 40 quid? 

Think it'll drop in price much or a typical switch game that holds value? 

I don't mind paying the obscene amount for Switch games if they good their value and I can sell once finished for not much less than I paid.

1 minute ago, Skyline said:

Worth the 40 quid? 

Think it'll drop in price much or a typical switch game that holds value? 

I don't mind paying the obscene amount for Switch games if they good their value and I can sell once finished for not much less than I paid.

Have you played previous 2D Metroids?

If so, and you liked them, this should be a good buy - it's basically a modern update of the classic formula. 

It's not a massive game, but there's a lot of challenge in trying to get 100% of the items and replaying to get your time down.

On 27/11/2021 at 10:20, OneManBand said:

Any decent FPS games?

The Crysis games are really good and unbelievably impressive ports, too.

I'm playing through number 2 at the moment and it's incredible how they squeezed these graphics out of a handheld.

Try watching a few reviews and see what you think.

• Thanks 1

I was disappointed to learn yesterday that the Advance Wars 1&2 remaster have been pushed back to next year. They were originally meant to be out in December. 

It does remind me that I need to get back into Fire Emblem though.