Nintendo SWITCH (Formerly the Nintendo NX thread)

On 22/07/2019 at 06:57, Chris_B_SWFC said:

What games did you get? 

Must haves, in my opinion:

Binding of Isaac

Voez

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Mario Rabbids

Hollow Knight

Bayonetta 2

I got Zelda and Smash Bros initially, will also get Mario Kart to join Smash as solid multiplayer options.

From there I need to decide what else to get and will definitely use the recommendations in this thread to aid that!

DOOM 1, 2 and 3 are now available for download.

I know a lot of these games are available across platforms, but the Switch is turning into a really great classics machine.

1 hour ago, oasismark said:

Aparenty you can now hack the switch to play 'back ups' 

anyone? anyone?

Think it's been around for a while.

Just not been tempted to tamper with mine just yet.

3 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Are you guys all digital or physical on the Switch? 

Mix for me. Simply because Nintendo games hold their value so well and I sell most of my games on Amazon when I’m done with them. 

I do own a lot of digital indie games on it though. 

If prices were a bit better on any of the console online stores I’d happily go all digital. I tend to just buy digital in sales now. 

I never complete games so I never end up selling them :ph34r:

I prefer digital as you don't need to mess about carrying cartridges around and swapping them out. 

I use a Revolut card and then buy fromthe cheapest digital store using this website as a guide: https://eshop-prices.com/prices?currency=GBP

Buying from other countries digital store is wee wee easy too.

Heh, Hotline Miami is one of my favourite games of all time, and has been such a "when the hell is this coming to Switch" since the moment I saw the Switch itself. I'd started assuming it just wasn't happening.

6 hours ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Just bought a switch on Sunday with Pokémon lets go and mario kart, of I'd of known about Pokémon lets go I'd of bought one ages ago!

What else is worth buying?

Zelda

Stardew Valley

Golf Story

Some of my favourites. 

6 hours ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Just bought a switch on Sunday with Pokémon lets go and mario kart, of I'd of known about Pokémon lets go I'd of bought one ages ago!

What else is worth buying?

Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Smash Brothers are the other essentials you're missing, I think. I really like Mario Maker 2 as well. You have to sift a bit but finding good levels and seeing the creativity of the community is amazing. 

Yeah buy zelda. Then play it. And keep playing it. Then every game you play after it just won't seem as good. Cos its not zelda. Seriously, it's that good. In my opinion it is the pinnacle of gaming. Having grown up with Nintendo since the game and watch days im probably a bit biased though. 

On 22/08/2019 at 10:53, neo hippy said:

I didn't like zelda 

What? Omg I can't believe you said that. How very dare you. Shocking opinion and you know nowt about games you must be a noob who lives in his mums basement and has no clue about quality gaming your opinion sucks and you probably don't like it cos its harder than candy crush. 

Nope, can't do it, no way I could be a fan boy warrior. How do Gibbons like that exist? Each to their own and all that. :biggrin: