Abdi from Watford?

If we land him it's going to be even more difficult trying to guess Carlos teams.  Seven obvious first-choice picks for six positions:-

Fletcher, Hooper, FF, Lee, Bannan, Abdi, Wallace

If Joao and/or Matias have improved then selection will be mind-blowingly difficult.

Great "problem".

Edited by Holmowl

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'd be delighted to sign him...but feck if he joins another club then so be it. 

We only want players (no matter how talented they are) who want to be here. 

If another club is more desirable to him then good luck to him. 

How do you know he doesn't want to be here? 

lol

Just now, Holmowl said:

If we land him it's going to be even more difficult trying to guess Carlos teams.  Seven obvious first-choice picks for six positions:-

If Joao and/or Matias have improved then selection will be mind-blowingly difficult.

And that, my friend, is what'll see us promoted this season.  I'm 36 and cannot remember us having such strength in depth, particularly offensively. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Aye, it must be awful for a coach having to deal with such problems.

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Why do we seem to drag these transfers/signings out for so long. 

We don't. Signings can take weeks or months under the surface but as soon as they get leaked too early fans get impatient. It's probably not taking any longer than most transfers really, especially when you're talking about a good player. Crap players seem to move faster. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Injuries, suspensions, tiredness, evaluation of the probobobbable opposites. We'll not struggle to play them all. The obsession fans have with picking an 11 is a bit of a non-problem really

3 minutes ago, Jazzybmzoo said:

And that, my friend, is what'll see us promoted this season.  I'm 36 and cannot remember us having such strength in depth, particularly offensively. 

Agreed. It's a brilliant place to be, if we finally land him.

Very difficult for Di Mateo and Alex Neil to plan for our likely line-up. I could guess 3 or 4 very plausible line-ups and still get it wrong.

Guest Deleted member
9 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Why do we seem to drag these transfers/signings out for so long. 

Because the person at the club who is Nixons source ensures the info gets out long before it should

10 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

How do you know he doesn't want to be here? 

lol

He will want to be here after speaking to FF and DP...they'll be raving about the club and fans and warning him not to take any notice of the fannies on here lol

9 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

We don't. Signings can take weeks or months under the surface but as soon as they get leaked too early fans get impatient. It's probably not taking any longer than most transfers really, especially when you're talking about a good player. Crap players seem to move faster. 

Stop being so sensible FFS..we are in meltdown