Villa match in New York?

Yep, Legends.  Just off 5th Avenue at 6 West 33rd Street (or Muhammed Ali Way as it's temporarily being called).  

It's where the NY Owls meet up.

NYC Owl always buys the first round.    

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

On 21 July 2016 at 13:59, Neal M said:

Yep, Legends.  Just off 5th Avenue at 6 West 33rd Street (or Muhammed Ali Way as it's temporarily being called).  

Thanks Neal and Freshowl. 

We are the typical family first timers in NY. We arrive tomorrow from DC (hey I'm  almost American! Not). I will consult Google and find out where the hell 5th and West33rd is.

So would I be there like a lemon or will there genuinely be fellow owls there?

And will your expat behaviour and language be suitable for the senstive ears of my 9 and 12 year olds?

My only final task is to break it gently to my lovely but football hating wife that I want our family to spend the lunchtime of our last day on holiday getting slightly poised with ex Sheffielders.

On 21 July 2016 at 13:59, Neal M said:

Thanks Neal and Freshowl. 

We are the typical family first timers in NY. We arrive tomorrow from DC (hey I'm  almost American! Not). I will consult Google and find out where the hell 5th and West33rd is.

So would I be there like a lemon or will there genuinely be fellow owls there?

And will your expat behaviour and language be suitable for the senstive ears of my 9 and 12 year olds?

My only final task is to break it gently to my lovely but football hating wife that I want our family to spend the lunchtime of our last day on holiday getting slightly poised with ex Sheffielders.

On 23 July 2016 at 16:03, Baggiehy said:

Enjoy New York It's the f***ing vile you're not missing much:biggrin:

Thanks mate. Dragged there by my daughter. It's possibly her last holiday with the family as she is 18 and we asked her where and she said NY. Not somewhere I wanted to go but hey-Ho.

If I get to watch the Villa match in a bar with expat Owls it might be worth it!!

tbf I didn't want to come to Florida or Washington either, and they have been great.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Thanks mate. Dragged there by my daughter. It's possibly her last holiday with the family as she is 18 and we asked her where and she said NY. Not somewhere I wanted to go but hey-Ho.

If I get to watch the Villa match in a bar with expat Owls it might be worth it!!

tbf I didn't want to come to Florida or Washington either, and they have been great.

I thought you meant NY is effing vile. But now I realise you mean effing Villa.

My earlier reply will make absolutely no sense.

Was "vile" a case of fat fingers or is that what you baggies call AV?

Two reasons I like WBA. My first away match in top tier. Shelton and Varadi in a 2-2 wher Garry Thomson took us apart. (so we signed him and he was a trier but totally carp. A poor man's Nuhiu - is that possible?).

Second, I had a pal at uni who was a Baggie and he was great fun. His claim to (semi) fame was that he found a prehistoric turd. He was an archeology student. But still a laugh.