UNLUCKY STRIPES ?

Maybe our owner has got it right with his dislike of stripes.

Incredibly no team wearing stripes has won the EPL or the old League div 1 in over 80 years!

They have fared a little better in the FA Cup but still only three teams in stripes (Wigan,Coventry and Southampton)

have been successful in this competition in over 40 years.

Coincidence, or are stripes cursed?lol

15 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Maybe our owner has got it right with his dislike of stripes.

Incredibly no team wearing stripes has won the EPL or the old League div 1 in over 80 years!

They have fared a little better in the FA Cup but still only three teams in stripes (Wigan,Coventry and Southampton)

have been successful in this competition in over 40 years.

Coincidence, or are stripes cursed?lol

We'll make them lucky lol

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Does this not count?

lol

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

No!!   Plenty of our supporters saying pin-stripes on our new shirt don't count !!

Exactly, if that counts as stripes than our new shirt is also a striped shirt, you can't have it both ways!

I pointed out on Friday that this would be used as a statistical reason for the change as the stats show that successful clubs mainly play in one dominant shirt colour.

Although this is true stats can often be manipulated to suit a certain argument. Very few teams in stripes have enjoyed major success in comparison to others but how many teams actually play in stripes compared to the number that play in a one-colour shirt?

In Spain for example there have been a few different teams that have enjoyed success in stripes but maybe they have more clubs that generally play in stripes.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

I wonder if Chansiri has tried to change the striped Thailand flag. 

My guess he accepts & respects it.,  as part of their history. 

Shame,  he hasn't respected ours. 

Last time I checked he hadn't bought Thailand out and spent millions more than anyone else had spent on it in the past 20 years as he has done with our club.

We have had a similar kit in the past and I wonder how much stick the chairman got when he changed it to a full blue kit in the 60's for 7 seasons and we had one of our most successful post-war periods.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Last time I checked he hadn't bought Thailand out and spent millions more than anyone else had spent on it in the past 20 years as he has done with our club.

We have had a similar kit in the past and I wonder how much stick the chairman got when he changed it to a full blue kit in the 60's for 7 seasons and we had one of our most successful post-war periods.

Respecting a club/country's traditions isn't about money. 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Check your facts. We got got to a cup final right at the start but after that it was a story of steady decline. It was a happy day when the stripes returned.