Carlos spoke to PL clubs? Interesting...

20 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I couple of bad results here and there, and some of our fans soon put an end to that.

Absolutely sure.

:manager:

That is football though, fickle lot we are. 

But I do feel we would be behind the manager more and expect him to turn it round. 

2 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

That is football though, fickle lot we are. 

But I do feel we would be behind the manager more and expect him to turn it round. 

do you really think that ?.............

if say at christmas we are off the pace do you think he'll still be here ?

Look at Carlos' record in English football. In ONE season, he has taken an under-performing, mid-to-lower Second Division side, and with a relatively small amount of outlay, turned them into a promotion-challenging side. Given that CV, is it any wonder that a number of Top Level clubs should NOT be wanting him to take over.

The way I read that statement is that these approaches were made BEFORE he chose Wednesday, and he considered that the opportunity provided at S6 was far in excess of any other. This does not mean that more money was in it for him. After a certain time, money becomes a secondary factor, believe it or not. A lot of bumff has been said about 'Job Satisfaction', but believe me, it does have a great part to play 

We should all get out of the habit of thinking 'the Boss said that, so what's he going to fleece us for this time.' It has been known, and is little publicised, that Managers in whatever sphere, are not out for everything they can get at the expense of the workers. Many realise that the most productive workforce is a happy workforce, and keeping them up to date with the why's and wherefores can have its benefits for both sides.

Just now, torryowl said:

do you really think that ?.............

if say at christmas we are off the pace do you think he'll still be here ?

That would be a fairly bad run and you sort of would expect that fans might start getting on hgis and the teams back. I think they'll be less moaning when we lose a game. We used to expect one loss would lead to more. Now I always think oh well bring on next game and we'll get some points from that one. We can beat anyone in that league and with a couple more key signings could be challenging near the top. 

16 hours ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Not Burnley, Boro or Hull either.....bit worrying that he says promotion is not the "be all and end all".

I want a manager who says: "Promotion or bust."

I think he was talking about the prestige of managing in the Premiership, which he wants, he just wants it with Wednesday rather than just jumping ship for it. 

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Look at Carlos' record in English football. In ONE season, he has taken an under-performing, mid-to-lower Second Division side, and with a relatively small amount of outlay, turned them into a promotion-challenging side. Given that CV, is it any wonder that a number of Top Level clubs should NOT be wanting him to take over.

The way I read that statement is that these approaches were made BEFORE he chose Wednesday, and he considered that the opportunity provided at S6 was far in excess of any other. This does not mean that more money was in it for him. After a certain time, money becomes a secondary factor, believe it or not. A lot of bumff has been said about 'Job Satisfaction', but believe me, it does have a great part to play 

We should all get out of the habit of thinking 'the Boss said that, so what's he going to fleece us for this time.' It has been known, and is little publicised, that Managers in whatever sphere, are not out for everything they can get at the expense of the workers. Many realise that the most productive workforce is a happy workforce, and keeping them up to date with the why's and wherefores can have its benefits for both sides.

Yes, I mean no, er, you what? :wacko: (Must be the heat getting to you/me/everybody!)

Anyway, WAWAW; especially Carlos, he's one of us now and cannot leave.

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

Did the chairman agree to these talks, or is Carlos speaking with clubs who had made illegal approaches?

Go and ask Bungle, he might be able to shed some light on this matter? lol