Category A - Aston Villa

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

No i am not 

Unsold seats means supply outstrips demand 

The amount made has nothing whatever to do with the demand for tickets 

I was wrong you really are that stupid .......................... don't reply you are making my head hurt

Demand is still high comparatively versus most matches, hence the prices, hence sky tv. Therefore the club have priced it higher compared to most matches. It's fairly logical. 

Anyway stop saying i'm stupid if we're having a discussion about prices, it's extremely rude and doesn't improve your point at all.

1 hour ago, pompeyowl said:

Absolutely agree. I personally think that we should be looking to get as many fans through the gates as possible, so Sky games should be lower.

However, we have no choice but to accept that games are categorised, and as such, big teams like Villa will innevitably be the top category games. Couple that with it being first game of the season, after a decent last term, and there shouldn't be too many arguments with it being top category.

Arguments on how much each category should cost are very valid though.

Totally agree with this. I don't think anyone can dispute that Villa at home first game is a top category game. The price of that category is what should be in question (although the top price is cheaper than it would have been last season)