Category A - Aston Villa

1 minute ago, elyowl1 said:

It's an experiment to see how many will pay Cat A prices with good weather , decent opposition and it being on TV.

it also incentivises buying a membership or season ticket which has been the plan for the club since January.

Better to have money up front etc.

Personally I don't agree with such a high price but I can see a rationale behind it 

They experiment on animals too.

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Only if you accept the banding theory

We have been conditioned as football fans over years that the more "attractive" games should carry a premium yet year on year i sit in a half filled stadium for these "attractive" matches

Supply and demand i will accept but banding is not supply and demand because if it was every match at Hillsborough would be discounted because supply way outstrips demand

That is an excellent point, higher prices if the grounds full, fair enough.

3 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

It's an experiment to see how many will pay Cat A prices with good weather , decent opposition and it being on TV.

it also incentivises buying a membership or season ticket which has been the plan for the club since January.

Better to have money up front etc.

Personally I don't agree with such a high price but I can see a rationale behind it 

So can i but then you're not claiming its because its Villa therefore it should be Cat A because of non existent ( somewhat ) demand

Stripped down what you are saying is they want see how much they can bleed the walk ups for before they say enoughs enough

What a way to run a railway

26 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Only if you accept the banding theory

We have been conditioned as football fans over years that the more "attractive" games should carry a premium yet year on year i sit in a half filled stadium for these "attractive" matches

Supply and demand i will accept but banding is not supply and demand because if it was every match at Hillsborough would be discounted because supply way outstrips demand

Absolutely agree. I personally think that we should be looking to get as many fans through the gates as possible, so Sky games should be lower.

However, we have no choice but to accept that games are categorised, and as such, big teams like Villa will innevitably be the top category games. Couple that with it being first game of the season, after a decent last term, and there shouldn't be too many arguments with it being top category.

Arguments on how much each category should cost are very valid though.

32 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Thats the only way that your supply and demand theory has any validity

If there are thousands of empty seats then the demand and categorisation are a nonsense along with the rip off price

no, because people paying the extra will make up for those that haven't gone.

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

no, because people paying the extra will make up for those that haven't gone.

Thats not what you're arguing 

You are saying it deserves to be Cat A because of demand and yet we see season after season that the demand isn't there the amount of income is irrelevant 

I could just as easily claim sell it for a tenner a ticket less and the extra attendees would make more money for the club than they will make at £42 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

2 minutes ago, SouthStandParty said:

You know this first home game of the season thing where it's a high profile, high demand game? Well someone should tell Aston Villa about it because for their first two home games, tickets are £20 - £28. That's £20 - £28. No membership, no strings attached!

Funny that.

Couple of points, they have parachute payments so not as dependent on ticket receipts and obviously, they've just been relegated, morale is low, they are desperate for people to turn up.

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

Thats not what you're arguing 

You are saying it deserves to be Cat A because of demand and yet we see season after season that the demand isn't there the amount of income is irrelevant 

I could just as easily claim sell it for a tenner a ticket less and the extra attendees would make more money than they will make at £42 

if selling tix for a tenner made more money they would do. You think Chansiri is so stupid.

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

if selling tix for a tenner made more money they would do. You think Chansiri is so stupid.

I dont no 

I think you are flapping about from argument to argument because your original claim about "demand" being the driver has no validity at all 

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I dont no 

I think you are flapping about from argument to argument because your original claim about "demand" being the driver has no validity at all 

well me and the club think the demand will be fairly high ;-)

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

well me and the club think the demand will be fairly high ;-)

32000 high ?

or do you mean 25000 as being high because thats what i expect roughly in the home end 

Which with the restrictions will mean approx 7000 empty seats so supply and demand is an absurd argument

32000 high ?

or do you mean 25000 as being high because thats what i expect roughly in the home end 

Which with the restrictions will mean approx 7000 empty seats so supply and demand is an absurd argument

Tbh, I don't even know what you're arguing about.

21 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Couple of points, they have parachute payments so not as dependent on ticket receipts and obviously, they've just been relegated, morale is low, they are desperate for people to turn up.

There's always a reason other clubs are cheaper than us. If it isn't parachute payments it's rich owners, or season tickets, or they're happy to be crap.

The fact is one of the poorest regions in Europe is likely to have one of the most expensive football teams to watch - outside the top divisions probably the most expensive. Who would have thought it when we boycotted Leeds? 

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

and boy doesn't it show

ha. 

let's start again, you're arguing that the first match of the season on the back of a great campaign last year, against Villa who are a huge club, just relegated from the Premiership won't be an in demand match. 

If this is the case

1) Why have we priced it so high, from Chansiri's POV, could you hazard a guess why we would do that?

2) Why have Sky decided to show it on TV?

From my POV, the two above factors suggest people do care about this fixture

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

ha. 

let's start again, you're arguing that the first match of the season on the back of a great campaign last year, against Villa who are a huge club, just relegated from the Premiership won't be an in demand match. 

If this is the case

1) Why have we priced it so high, from Chansiri's POV, could you hazard a guess why we would do that?

2) Why have Sky decided to show it on TV?

From my POV, the two above factors suggest people do care about this fixture

FFS you really can't be that stupid 

WHY THEN WILL THERE BE EMPTY SEATS 

The reason imo that there will be empty seats is because we have "only" 20k st holders about half the stadiums capacity and because the price decided on is so prohibitively high the empty seats wont sell therefore your claimed "demand" is insufficient to overcome the stumbling block of said sky high price therefore the "demand" argument falls at the first hurdle.

I hope fervently that you and Mr Chansiri are right and that every seat will sell but i for one doubt it 

FFS you really can't be that stupid 

WHY THEN WILL THERE BE EMPTY SEATS 

The reason imo that there will be empty seats is because we have "only" 20k st holders about half the stadiums capacity and because the price decided on is so prohibitively high the empty seats wont sell therefore your claimed "demand" is insufficient to overcome the stumbling block of said sky high price therefore the "demand" argument falls at the first hurdle.

I hope fervently that you and Mr Chansiri are right and that every seat will sell but i for one doubt it 

You are making the mistake thinking that empty seats = unsuccessful. We may make more profit from 25k at these prices compared to 10k more at cheap prices. Who do you think make the most money per match Chelsea or Newcastle?

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You are making the mistake thinking that empty seats = unsuccessful. We may make more profit from 25k at these prices compared to 10k more at cheap prices. Who do you think make the most money per match Chelsea or Newcastle?

No i am not 

Unsold seats means supply outstrips demand 

The amount made has nothing whatever to do with the demand for tickets 

I was wrong you really are that stupid .......................... don't reply you are making my head hurt