Protest against the new home kit

6 hours ago, Grimbarian said:

Ozzie Owl assassinated in protest at new home kit :(

CnkVUSIWEAA9Dm2.jpg

Jokes aside, i was waiting with my little lad in the queue to have a pic with him and he suddenly walked off and collapsed. St John's ambulance came over and sorted the guy out bit looked like heat exhaustion to me. Hope he's ok

9 hours ago, poite said:

Jokes aside, i was waiting with my little lad in the queue to have a pic with him and he suddenly walked off and collapsed. St John's ambulance came over and sorted the guy out bit looked like heat exhaustion to me. Hope he's ok

Damn I feel bad now I assumed he'd just tripped over, sorry whomever wears the Ozzie suit :(

Guest mrbluesky
12 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

For all the doubters this protest is still very much. 

Julian, and his Filipino boyfriend Cedric, are organising a top class spread at the Sausage Cottage from 5:00pm. 

Will there be battered sausages on display again?

58 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

So does anyone know if the shirt actually sold out or not? Cos it did last year and they year before if I remember correctly?

How many were sold each year is more relevant.

if they sold out last year and say 1,000 shirts were made to be sold, then the club would of had more than that amount made for this year.  They could of had 4,000 made this year with little chance of it "selling out" in one day

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

How many were sold each year is more relevant.

if they sold out last year and say 1,000 shirts were made to be sold, then the club would of had more than that amount made for this year.  They could of had 4,000 made this year with little chance of it "selling out" in one day

That is true however I'd imagine we'd have a similar batch to last season perhaps less due to the late delivery of the team shirts.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

That is true however I'd imagine we'd have a similar batch to last season perhaps less due to the late delivery of the team shirts.

Maybe, from a money making point of view if you sell out of a product in the previous year then it's pretty certain you would make sure you have more to sell next time, to make more money

But from a cynical PR angle you could have less made so you can be seen to be sold out and the product be a success 

Or as you say less could have been made due to supplier incompetence 

I think they said in the meeting that more shirts had been sold than last year? 

12 hours ago, bradowl said:

I know we've broke away from traditional stripes which has upset a few fans but us older fans know we've not always played in stripes. 

135 years out of 150 we have played in bold blue and stripes.

We have always played in a blue and white shirts as the home kit.

C0ck around with the away kits as much as you want.

Its our identity, our heritage and our tradition - its just been trashed.

26 minutes ago, Chris Akabusi said:

I was gonna buy the little one the infant kit, but at £50 for a 12-18 month size kit i'm giving it a miss! 

Naively thought it would be at £25-£30. 

I bought my lad one last season 6-9 months and that was about £37.

£50 is just utterly ridiculous. 

Wasn't going to buy one, thought it was horrible, just queued for my season ticket and picked one up while I was waiting...

Quite a few left amazingly in all sizes, the ladies shirts are a little limited though.

£110 lighter now in my bank :(

4 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Brexit, Nice, Paris, Billions to be spent on trident, failed coup in turkey with hundreds dead, Putin sacking all his commanders, racism on the rise, tension in Korea

'white pin stripe on a Wednesday shirt?!'...enough is enough...punches table

Actually HS, its a pinstripe on a Chelsea shirt...lol

Bill Shankly was not wrong....