Protest against the new home kit

8 minutes ago, BD2OWL said:

You're clearly blind then ....

Being a blunt Yorkshireman, I call it as I see it.  I only walked round for about 20 minutes, but I can assure you the numbers I've given are fairly accurate.

I realise the original poster was being 'Owlstalk funny' but to answer seriously, any protest would be exaggerated. However. Owls fans are well within their rights to not like it, not buy it and declare it a load of rubbish.

Some fans queuing for nearly 3 hours to buy new home shirt.

I know its upset one or two not having usual stripes but the shirt looks fantastic, quality is very good and more importantly they're selling like hot cakes.

I doubt they'll be many left after today. 

5 hours ago, Grimbarian said:

Show me a single Wednesday fan who'd accept red and white stripes as our kit? A single one?

To be honest with you, I associate more with the name "Wednesday" than with the colours blue and white.    I'm not one for getting a replica shirt and I don't push them on my kids either, although from time to time they ask and invariably receive one.  

It's a historic thing, but had our colours been red not blue, it wouldn't have been a decider for me.   

Edited by salmonbones

2 minutes ago, Apple said:

How can shirts that the whole fan base hate be nearly sold out?

So you're speaking for whole fan base? 

This includes me and I like the shirt. 

If you was at the ground and owls in the park you'd see how popular the shirt is. 

I know we've broke away from traditional stripes which has upset a few fans but us older fans know we've not always played in stripes. 

12 minutes ago, bradowl said:

So you're speaking for whole fan base? 

This includes me and I like the shirt. 

If you was at the ground and owls in the park you'd see how popular the shirt is. 

I know we've broke away from traditional stripes which has upset a few fans but us older fans know we've not always played in stripes. 

Mate it was sarcasm. I and my 4 year old son have bought the shirt.

Edited by Apple

I think we'll have a completely different kit in 12 months moving further away from stripes. 

Its our 150 anniversary and I'm sure we'll bring out first kit we had which was blue and white quarters I think or blue and white hoops. Both these have been mentioned before.