mr chansiri as failed to capitalise on last season

7 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I'd say there are 20k season ticket holders that would disagree with your statement, are you suggesting you know better and they've all been the victim of some elaborate con?

Price point is not the only way to attract new customers, a quality product will also do the trick.

The Wembley attendance demonstrates the support this club can get for a trip to Wembley, nothing more at this stage.

Point 1: Regarding a quality product, we are being charged more than most Premier League fans. THIS IS CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL!

Point 2: Regarding Wembley sales, we sold 34,000 tickets to fans WITH priority points. These people were not just 'day trippers'. I went to 7 home games last season and 3 away games. I qualified to purchase my ticket on the final weekend prior to the weekend of the game. I don't consider myself a day tripper. 

5 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

Point 1: Regarding a quality product, we are being charged more than most Premier League fans. THIS IS CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL!

Point 2: Regarding Wembley sales, we sold 34,000 tickets to fans WITH priority points. These people were not just 'day trippers'. I went to 7 home games last season and 3 away games. I qualified to purchase my ticket on the final weekend prior to the weekend of the game. I don't consider myself a day tripper. 

Point 1: A major source of revenue for Championship clubs is through gate receipts, in the Premier League it's TV rights, you can't compare them in that way.

Point 2: Why don't these people turn up to regular games then, surely the trip to Wembley was more than a game at Hillsborough. We have 20k season ticket holders, 5-10k fans like yourself that go when they can and several thousand that are only interested in the top games.

Edited by Morepork

Guest white kanu
2 hours ago, Kameron said:

The Villa game is sorted 20K season ticket holders, being used to daft KO times and rip off prices they'll sell out no problem.  28K minimum will be in attendance.  

What's fair about owt anymore? I genuinely think change will come, that's no consolation to those who can't afford this seasons match day prices but it will change.  You can't have players earning the amounts they do whilst asking supporters to stump up even more each season.  People moan like f c uk about bankers and various other high earners but are prepared to land themselves in debt to watch 11 thick as pig s hit kids knock a ball about.  

28k? Really?

1 hour ago, BingleyOwl said:

This isn't true.

You have still paid through the nose for your season ticket, even at 'early bird' prices. If you feel you haven't done then you've been conned by the system.

The only reason we've sold 20k is because of the play-off euphoria.

Also, a fundamental requirement for all businesses is to attract new custom. Our home attendances will average 20-22k next season with fewer 'walk-up' fans. 

The Wembley attendance demonstrates the support that this club can generate. We have large number of fans in areas not local to Sheffield and it's these fans that are being priced out by the system. I have to travel 70 miles either direction to support Wednesday, many have to travel further, and my attendance is minimal simply because I'm being priced out!

The way you people try and call this pricing strategy a 'genius business move' is beyond me. 

A season ticket works out 21 quid a match if you go every game how that paying through nose

some fair points on here, the problem is that people wouldnt bat an eyelid on weeing a grand up wall for a week in Ibiza but shudder at 50 quid for a membership. It is an exclusive form of entertainment nowadays (the match) not just a warm up for a night down town.

Secondly, we are trying to compete with sides coming down with parachute payments, I dont know how Chansiri is meant to go about it than try and offset some of the cost to us fans. 

3 minutes ago, runningaround said:

some fair points on here, the problem is that people wouldnt bat an eyelid on weeing a grand up wall for a week in Ibiza but shudder at 50 quid for a membership. It is an exclusive form of entertainment nowadays (the match) not just a warm up for a night down town.

Secondly, we are trying to compete with sides coming down with parachute payments, I dont know how Chansiri is meant to go about it than try and offset some of the cost to us fans. 

Maybe the way other teams are. 

2 hours ago, Morepork said:

I wish you were right but there are 5-10k casual supporters that are realistic attendees, beyond that there are several thousand that currently will only turn up for the highest profile games i.e Arsenal or a play off semi. It's the current reality.

The obvious thing that you are missing is that it's not the same 5-10k pay on the gate fans every match.  That's why they are 'casual' fans.

There are tons of people who want to go to 3-6 games a season.  There are tons of people who want to go when visiting Sheffield or want to bring friends/family who are visiting them in Sheffield as a nice day out.  Not everybody wants a season ticket or are willing to be strongarmed into getting one by the chairman.

3 hours ago, Morepork said:

Season ticket holders as a group are the clubs most valuable customers, that's just a fact of life.

Im sure if you do the maths you'll find that at last seasons prices, fans who bought matchday tickets bought a relatively equal amount of revenue to the club as season ticket holders. I do agree that season ticket holders are the most valuable customers but it seems to me that the club are undervaluing fans who cant commit to season tickets

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

The obvious thing that you are missing is that it's not the same 5-10k pay on the gate fans every match.  That's why they are 'casual' fans.

There are tons of people who want to go to 3-6 games a season.  There are tons of people who want to go when visiting Sheffield or want to bring friends/family who are visiting them in Sheffield as a nice day out.  Not everybody wants a season ticket or are willing to be strongarmed into getting one by the chairman.

I not sure how you can make a statement like that, how many casual fans do you think there are? If there are as many as your alluding to the attendances for those premium games would have been higher.

I agree there are plenty of fans that want to go to a few games a season and if you want that kind of flexibility you have to accept paying a bit more for it, that's not being strongarmed it's just a fact of life.

2 minutes ago, pickledegghiderman said:

Im sure if you do the maths you'll find that at last seasons prices, fans who bought matchday tickets bought a relatively equal amount of revenue to the club as season ticket holders. I do agree that season ticket holders are the most valuable customers but it seems to me that the club are undervaluing fans who cant commit to season tickets

It could be the same amount and the ST holders would still be preferential because the are introducing funds in to the club in advance of the games.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I not sure how you can make a statement like that, how many casual fans do you think there are? If there are as many as your alluding to the attendances for those premium games would have been higher.

I agree there are plenty of fans that want to go to a few games a season and if you want that kind of flexibility you have to accept paying a bit more for it, that's not being strongarmed it's just a fact of life.

And how would you define a bit more? Seems to me the disparity is too large. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

And how would you define a bit more? Seems to me the disparity is too large. 

It's a personal decision isn't it, to some it's a bit, to others it's too much. There is no right and wrong, only opinion based on your personal circumstances and on that basis only the individual can judge if it's value for money.

We're talking about the price of a leisure activity at the end of the day not your weekly food shop or the price of electricity.

Do I wish it was less and affordable for all, of course I do, do I wish the ground was packed to the rafters, absolutely, there's nothing I'd like more.

i have many mates visiting now from Finland. Not a cat in hells chance they would pay €60 to watch SWFC which is a shame as its these sort of attendees that can fall in love with the club. Its already happened to one mate who now travels over a few times a year and actually buys stuff from our shop, i know :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Based it on the fact that we had 14k season ticket holders last season and average attendance was around 22.5k. So we had roughly 8.5k fans who bought matchday tickets. I have done the maths in a previous thread which i cant be bothered to do at the minute but, matchday tickets were around 75% more than what season tickets holders paid so when the actual revenue is worked out, there isnt a whole load of difference between the 2. Of course now we have 20k season ticket holders so this difference will mean season tickets will bring in a higher percentage of revenue from season tickets but we should have been looking at keeping the matchday average at around 8.5k which sadly i cant see happening with the membership and pricing structure. Lastly im not moaning about it and i was a member last year and made 8 home games, now with the price of membership im not sure ill see any benefits to being in the membership scheme so not sure if ill get one and if i dont, maybe ill not go to as many games 

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

i have many mates visiting now from Finland. Not a cat in hells chance they would pay €60 to watch SWFC which is a shame as its these sort of attendees that can fall in love with the club. Its already happened to one mate who now travels over a few times a year and actually buys stuff from our shop, i know :ph34r:

Chansiri is not interested in making it remotely reasonable for anyone other than season ticket holders- that's now clear.