mr chansiri as failed to capitalise on last season

26 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I disagree, you can't measure loyalty like that. If I go to 20 games a season and you go to 10 that doesn't make me a more loyal supporter, not in my eyes. 

You get them to go by offering season tickets at prices way less than POG, the club did that. People will not buy season tickets if individual match prices are as cheap as some would like them.

There's a clear push to get people to commit to ST's. I'm not sure on the membership math, how many games do you need to attend to make it worthwhile?

You could go to 10 games and save £0

Guest mkowl
21 minutes ago, vontemp said:

Seems to me that once again, we've over complicated things and gained a whole heap of bad publicity.

If Membership is going up to £50, why not have the £10 discount for all games, as opposed to the odd one? Dangle a decent carrot in front of people.

And why do we need so many different categories for tickets? Why not just have 3 for example?

A - top whack, Newcastle, Leeds etc.

B - mid range, majority of Saturday games.

C - the odd cheap game, Tuesday nights, unappealing winter games.

Putting the price of shirts up is a bit rich aswell, it's Sondico again so I can't really see how the quality is gonna improve much from last season, £49 for a kids shirt is nothing short of a disgrace.

The positive is the fact that we've sold 20k season tickets, and I think the club should be applauded for giving people the option of buying for the first half aswell, just feels like we've missed an opportunity to keep the buzz from Wembley going, seen a lot of negative publicity in the last few days, which is a big shame.

Can't disagree with any of that.

The point is you can look after the season ticket holders - but it doesn't have to be at the expense of potg fans.

There is a halfway house 

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Can't disagree with any of that.

The point is you can look after the season ticket holders - but it doesn't have to be at the expense of potg fans.

There is a halfway house 

just remind me how many times last season the POTG prices were the same as the Bristol match?

49 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Season ticket holders as a group are the clubs most valuable customers, that's just a fact of life.

But we have WAY more casual supporters than we have season ticket holders

the potential for getting proper crowds in for next season has been lost

this is the first time in twenty years we had an opportunity to crack 30K because of modern footballs allure and bigger attendances compared to the 90s

our fan base is huge and we've missed out on capitalizing on it

massive shame.

1 minute ago, horny owl said:

But we have WAY more casual supporters than we have season ticket holders

the potential for getting proper crowds in for next season has been lost

this is the first time in twenty years we had an opportunity to crack 30K because of modern footballs allure and bigger attendances compared to the 90s

our fan base is huge and we've missed out on capitalizing on it

massive shame.

We have 20k season ticket holders, you're talking about 5-10k casual supporters at best so your statement doesn't ring true.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

We have 20k season ticket holders, you're talking about 5-10k casual supporters at best so your statement doesn't ring true.

Why?

we have loads more than 5-10K casual supporters

the groundwork was done last season

people were buzzing again and getting ready to carry it on this season

but now they've been royaly kicked in the balls

its a mess

I would imagine we have a lot more casual fans than season ticket holders. 

Got mates over when we play villa but no way will they pay £40+ to watch a team they don't support. 

In the old days mates would just tag along, no chance at these prices 

5 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Why?

we have loads more than 5-10K casual supporters

the groundwork was done last season

people were buzzing again and getting ready to carry it on this season

but now they've been royaly kicked in the balls

its a mess

I wish you were right but there are 5-10k casual supporters that are realistic attendees, beyond that there are several thousand that currently will only turn up for the highest profile games i.e Arsenal or a play off semi. It's the current reality.

Edited by Morepork

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

Got mates over when we play villa but no way will they pay £40+ to watch a team they don't support. 

In the old days mates would just tag along, no chance at these prices 

AGAIN...tell me how many matches last season were priced the same as the Bristol match

1 hour ago, 5318008 said:

At £49 for first game of the season, and it's on telly, if we don't walk the league it's an absolute disgrace.

Regardless of anything else, what do people actually think is a fair price for a championship game at Hillsborough?

£49?????  You must be joking or is it a typo or are you just taking the pi$$.  

18 minutes ago, modboy said:

There is nothing to suggest this is true however much we may wish it was.

We have 20k season ticket holders so for your statement to be correct there would need to be another 20k casual supporters that are realistic attendees, that's way beyond wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, Semedo's ferret said:

I applaud Chansiri. He's done exactly what he told us he would. Look after the core support. Like me.

This isn't true.

You have still paid through the nose for your season ticket, even at 'early bird' prices. If you feel you haven't done then you've been conned by the system.

The only reason we've sold 20k is because of the play-off euphoria.

Also, a fundamental requirement for all businesses is to attract new custom. Our home attendances will average 20-22k next season with fewer 'walk-up' fans. 

The Wembley attendance demonstrates the support that this club can generate. We have large number of fans in areas not local to Sheffield and it's these fans that are being priced out by the system. I have to travel 70 miles either direction to support Wednesday, many have to travel further, and my attendance is minimal simply because I'm being priced out!

The way you people try and call this pricing strategy a 'genius business move' is beyond me. 

5 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

This isn't true.

You have still paid through the nose for your season ticket, even at 'early bird' prices. If you feel you haven't done then you've been conned by the system.

Also, a fundamental requirement for all businesses is to attract new custom. Our home attendances will average 20-22k next season with fewer 'walk-up' fans. 

The Wembley attendance demonstrates the support that this club can generate. We have large number of fans in areas not local to Sheffield and it's these fans that are being priced out by the system. I have to travel 70 miles either direction to support Wednesday, many have to travel further, and my attendance is minimal simply because I'm being priced out!

The way you people try and call this pricing strategy a 'genius business move' is beyond me. 

I have to slightly disagree, the Wembley experience was a once in a blue moon event, I know people as I'm sure we all do who went to that game having never been to a Wednesday game in there lives and have no intention of watching another till the next big event.

3 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

This isn't true.

I'd say there are 20k season ticket holders that would disagree with your statement, are you suggesting you know better and they've all been the victim of some elaborate con?

Price point is not the only way to attract new customers, a quality product will also do the trick.

The Wembley attendance demonstrates the support this club can get for a trip to Wembley, nothing more at this stage.

10 hours ago, cahoot65 said:

so come the new season Hillsborough wont be rocking cos there be still  be15k empty seats only fans there will be the 20k season ticket holders the club as failed to tap into the end of season euphoria of getting to wembley instead on seizing the moment making home tickets between 25.00 --35.00 across the season and filling swfc every home game .time will tell but when it a tuesday night match peeing it down with rain against a team like wigan who bring 50 fans and the clubs wondering why only 17k  turned up and swfc is like a morgue they might wonder  

Can you tell me how you've figure out what the average ticket price across the season is going to be when the prices for 2 games have been announced?