mr chansiri as failed to capitalise on last season

Guest Kameron

The Villa game is sorted 20K season ticket holders, being used to daft KO times and rip off prices they'll sell out no problem.  28K minimum will be in attendance.  

What's fair about owt anymore? I genuinely think change will come, that's no consolation to those who can't afford this seasons match day prices but it will change.  You can't have players earning the amounts they do whilst asking supporters to stump up even more each season.  People moan like f c uk about bankers and various other high earners but are prepared to land themselves in debt to watch 11 thick as pig s hit kids knock a ball about.  

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

But surely if there is a failure, it's the failure of the fans, with not enough supporting the season ticket initiative 

If the season ticket holders are happy nothing else matters. Forgot big attendances and the potential support we have. It's all about season ticket holders. F*ck everyone else!

7 hours ago, cahoot65 said:

so come the new season Hillsborough wont be rocking cos there be still  be15k empty seats only fans there will be the 20k season ticket holders the club as failed to tap into the end of season euphoria of getting to wembley instead on seizing the moment making home tickets between 25.00 --35.00 across the season and filling swfc every home game .time will tell but when it a tuesday night match peeing it down with rain against a team like wigan who bring 50 fans and the clubs wondering why only 17k  turned up and swfc is like a morgue they might wonder  

You really think that the ground would be filled with £25-£35 tickets? lol

It's the first game only ! Do you really think wigan brentford burton etc will be £42? No they will be £30 ish. I agree this one is too much but we have 20k season ticket holders - villa will bring 4k and then walkups of a fewk. AGainst bristol City last season prices were the same and we had probably 5k walk ups so surely 3k is possible here leaving Us with 27k ish. All in all its just 1 game that's cat a so far the majority will be cat c/d

7 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

If the season ticket holders are happy nothing else matters. Forgot big attendances and the potential support we have. It's all about season ticket holders. F*ck everyone else!

Season ticket holders as a group are the clubs most valuable customers, that's just a fact of life.

As far as I can see Mr Chansiri hasn't failed at anything, in fact he has completely turned our club around and has us heading in the right direction. As for prices all I can say is you get what you pay for, we have 1 quality signing under our belt and 2 or 3 more of equal quality signings added to the current team will more than justify the ticket prices.

Edited by Blue and white

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Season ticket holders as a group are the clubs most valuable customers, that's just a fact of life.

Or the other way of looking at it is that they are your most loyal customers. The potential customers may need more incentivising to get through the door. So how do to tackle that? How do you get someone to go more often who doesn't at this moment in time? You put a membership scheme up by 66%?

Guest mkowl

I totally agree with the OP on the aspect of failed to capitalise. I have just posted something similar on an alternative forum along these lines.

The point I have made is remember that Brighton play off semi final home leg. What a truly great evening that was in so many respects. 

I am a season ticket holder but a little fed up of the angst against our fellow fans who can't make that commitment whether financially or otherwise. Those fans probably accept the potg price should be a little greater than that paid by ST holders but the hike is unjustifiable.

Many on here will know I am an accountant and I can understand every business argument put forward. However as a football fan there really isn't any justification  for what we are seeing. For all the really good things that Mr Chansiri has done this pricing is one area I think he has got totally wrong. 

12 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

Or the other way of looking at it is that they are your most loyal customers. The potential customers may need more incentivising to get through the door. So how do to tackle that? How do you get someone to go more often who doesn't at this moment in time? You put a membership scheme up by 66%?

I disagree, you can't measure loyalty like that. If I go to 20 games a season and you go to 10 that doesn't make me a more loyal supporter, not in my eyes. 

You get them to go by offering season tickets at prices way less than POG, the club did that. People will not buy season tickets if individual match prices are as cheap as some would like them.

There's a clear push to get people to commit to ST's. I'm not sure on the membership math, how many games do you need to attend to make it worthwhile?

Edited by Morepork

Guest mkowl

To add to that - I would suggest the hike in season ticket numbers is as much to do with what we saw on the pitch than project fear on prices.

It's the fact this pricing structure will potentially squeeze out about an extra 2% in revenue - if lucky but with the result a huge section of the fan base potentially disengage with the Club and the long term cost of that who the hell knows

Seems to me that once again, we've over complicated things and gained a whole heap of bad publicity.

If Membership is going up to £50, why not have the £10 discount for all games, as opposed to the odd one? Dangle a decent carrot in front of people.

And why do we need so many different categories for tickets? Why not just have 3 for example?

A - top whack, Newcastle, Leeds etc.

B - mid range, majority of Saturday games.

C - the odd cheap game, Tuesday nights, unappealing winter games.

Putting the price of shirts up is a bit rich aswell, it's Sondico again so I can't really see how the quality is gonna improve much from last season, £49 for a kids shirt is nothing short of a disgrace.

The positive is the fact that we've sold 20k season tickets, and I think the club should be applauded for giving people the option of buying for the first half aswell, just feels like we've missed an opportunity to keep the buzz from Wembley going, seen a lot of negative publicity in the last few days, which is a big shame.

8 hours ago, cahoot65 said:

so come the new season Hillsborough wont be rocking cos there be still  be15k empty seats only fans there will be the 20k season ticket holders the club as failed to tap into the end of season euphoria of getting to wembley instead on seizing the moment making home tickets between 25.00 --35.00 across the season and filling swfc every home game .time will tell but when it a tuesday night match peeing it down with rain against a team like wigan who bring 50 fans and the clubs wondering why only 17k  turned up and swfc is like a morgue they might wonder  

Was it my imagination or were the early bird st prices reintroduced after wembley exactly to tap into the excitement and euphoria. This was a great move and the prices were fair. Buy one of them you'll be paying far less per game than the 25-35 quid you mention