NEW SWFC KIT REVEALED - What do you think?

It's obviously for just one season. We've had numerous variations to the home kit throughout the club's history but always stayed blue and white.

I reckon we'll be wearing one of these retro beauties for the 150th anniversary to honour our top flight title winning teams. :columbo:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_sheffield_wednesday_1900-1904-aek.gif

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_sheffield_wednesday_1903-1904.gif

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_sheffield_wednesday_1925-1929-ak.gif

16 minutes ago, taylor said:

I don't mind a little change, but all three are truly stinking. 

Home shirt, wtf... Why so much ducking blue. Surely anyone that works in anything remotely visual could see that. Plus the shorts are a different tone to the shirt. Not even getting the basics right. Utter shyte. 

The other two... Unquestionably awful. No redeeming features. 

1/10

3/10 on the flounceometer lol

At least iron the kit!!!!!!! It's not a bad looking kit but it's not Wednesday. All for something different in anniversary season but this is just strange / mediocre / any other team. We are Sheffield Wednesday. It was bad enough that our stripes have got lighter and lighter over the years. Decent stripes / black shorts it's not hard. 

1 minute ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

It's obviously for just one season. We've had numerous variations to the home kit throughout the club's history but always stayed blue and white.

I reckon we'll be wearing one of these retro beauties for the 150th anniversary to honour our top flight title winning teams. :columbo:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_sheffield_wednesday_1900-1904-aek.gif

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_sheffield_wednesday_1903-1904.gif

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_sheffield_wednesday_1925-1929-ak.gif

oooooh 

3 variations of a central stripe !!

That's going to split the vote ......

:columbo:

I remember the "butcher's apron" shirts. They were awful, and as I remember, The Wednesday did not perform well in them. The new home shirt is NOT in Sheffield Wednesday colours, and whichever moron invented it they need to be boiled in oil. This is a traditional club with traditional values AND TRADITIONAL COLOURS!

GIVE US THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY SHIRT BACK! 

22 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

There's no one bigger on tradition and history than me. However, in DC's defence he is well aware that it's not so much about the shirt that goes on the pitch and much more the shirt that goes on the fans backs. These new designs (home shirt in particular) must be much more a sports shirt with broader appeal than the bold stripe. 

Polite question and genuine. How do you know that the owner is" well aware" in these matters?  If I follow your logic all professional clubs will play in Paul smith suits so we fans can enjoy the " broad appeal".

1 minute ago, onslow said:

oooooh 

3 variations of a central stripe !!

That's going to split the vote ......

:columbo:

Someone will always dislike the home shirt no matter what it looks like or how good it looks. It's near impossible to please everyone. Personally I don't mind the new home shirt, it looks nice and retro, admittedly it's not a typical Wednesday home shirt but we've had numerous variations over the years. I would've liked it to have had slightly thicker pin stripes and looked more like the 1960's version and had black shorts like that kit had but it looks good to me and I'm generally not a fan of modern football shirts and much prefer retro football shirts.

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Why not let the fans design the anniversary kit.eddie on here has done some beauties .we'll be with a new supplier and maybe like some input from fans.

I reckon it should be something significant like the first ever kit or like I suggested to honour our top flight title winning teams.

51 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

It's for ONE year...NEXT year we'll have no stripes at all...wanna bet that next year ( our centenary ) we will be back in stripes

For what it's worth

I think our 150th anniversary will see us in hoops

Stripes will return the year after

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I 'like' them all. But I'd only buy one of them ...

Home: Great nod to history. I was inspired when I read about the reference. I agree it's a stretch for traditionalists. Change is scary for some!

I like the shirt - just needed black shorts. I have never liked us in blue shorts. We look just like every other blue n white stripe team with blue shorts.

Why no 1867 and swfc on sleeves? And why a different (naff) collar? Collar/sleeve finishes not as nice as the other two.

Also don't like the over design on the WAWAW type.

Won't buy it tho. When I wear a Wednesday shirt, it's the classic stripes I am wearing like a flag. You can't change your flag!

We are not pinstripes. Happy for one season to let the Chairman get it out of his system.

Away: Not a patch on last season's away kit - now that was class. Maybe could have kept that one?

I think a lot of people are still in the market for last season's away shirt.

I know (myself and my son included) couldn't get one last season. Too good for one season that one.

The orange is striking but I've seen it before. Maybe a bit chav. Also SUFC are playing the same. I won't be buying this one!

Third: This is the best of the lot. Such a smart, almost retro look. Should be our first choice away strip for me. Much better than the orange.

Could be a classic. The best of the lot by a country mile. If we go up - this is the one I want to keep. I'd buy it tomorrow.

So for me, from a business perspective it's a fail:

Tinkered too much with the home strip - it won't sell.

The orange is also sufc - it won't sell.

Third is great. I imagine demand will outstrip supply like last season's away shirt so can't sell a lot. 

Maybe we need a two season strategy for away shirts too? Not many folk can afford a shirt every season.

Let's be reyt, they're feckin' sheite and not WEDNESDAY at all...

I just hope Mr C has a better eye on any transfers we're doing....

Have to say, this view is based on what I've seen on the first page of this thread, but it doesn't look WEDNESDAY at all but another sign we have some people in charge of certain parts of our club without any understanding of it or us...

5 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Look at new kit.

Decide I don't like new kit.

Text a couple of mates, all agree we don't like new kit.

Move on.

5 minutes maximum.

ITS A FOOTBALL KIT FFS

I'm surprised you didn't say it's a "SOCKAR" KIT FFS...

This aint no ordinary kit, this is a WEDNESDAY KIT FFS !

This is MASSIVE FFS !