NEW SWFC KIT REVEALED - What do you think?

1 minute ago, Apple said:

Ok, that's what you'd rather in that scenario. Normal stripes vs pinstripes wins for you.

Let me ask you another scenario.

Would you rather we never won the League Cup or have won it in pinstripes, hypothetically of course?

I'd rather we'd won the League Cup of course. But that doesn't alter what I said. 

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I'd rather we'd won the League Cup of course. But that doesn't alter what I said. 

Of course not. All I'm saying is this kit might not be to everyones taste (personally I think if the pinstripes we're just thicker - technically not pinstripes at all - I'd like it more). However, what's in them, the fans who support the club / team and the history is more important. No kit changes that all that.

It's for 1 year. I 100% guarantee we'll have normal stripes again within the next 2-3 seasons.

This kit is different, it's change. I don't mind it. All adds to our history and if we won the FA Cup in it (0.01% chance of course) then we'd likely have the kit again in 100 years time to commemorate it. It'd be looked on fondly.

Next year I think we'll have no stripes at all tbh.

Edited by Apple

4 minutes ago, Apple said:

Of course not. All I'm saying is this kit might not be to everyones taste (personally I think if the pinstripes we're just thicker - technically not pinstripes at all - I'd like it more). However, what's in them, the fans who support the club / team and the history is more important. No kit changes that all that.

It's for 1 year. I 100% guarantee we'll have normal stripes again within the next 2-3 seasons.

This kit is different, it's change. I don't mind it. All adds to our history and if we won the FA Cup in it (0.01% chance of course) then we'd likely have the kit again in 100 years time to commemorate it. It'd be looked on fondly.

We had no stripes for a while and it was recognised it was a mistake. It's now a 60s curio mourned by few. Each to their own but the blue and white stripes are an easily recognised symbol of Sheffield Wednesday. This new one is shocking - as bad as the Pigs one from last season. 

I've thought long and hard about it and I've decided that I don't like the home kit

I used to get the face on when we had blue shorts, Its going to be right weird seeing a Wednesday team running around in pretty much a solid blue kit 

If you'd shown 100 football fans the new kit yesterday minus the badge not one would have said it was a Wednesday kit - even if half of them had been Wednesday fans. And you can substitute any numbers you want in that. It's just not right I tell yea. 

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If you'd shown 100 football fans the new kit yesterday minus the badge not one would have said it was a Wednesday kit - even if half of them had been Wednesday fans. And you can substitute any numbers you want in that. It's just not right I tell yea. 

Even with the  new badge many would still not know it was us.

In a few months we have lost or crest and colours known Worldwide. I hope whatever the reasoning behind that is a good one and worth it 

OK - can't be bothered to read 23 pages so I'll just give my thoughts

3rd kit - class

2nd - nice but why orange? Tango influence? (ducks) - not sure. May grow on me.

1st - not Wednesday but quality - but what is that collar about? It doesn't look comfortable. Why not the same as the other 2?

Now, I'm old and started watching in the sixties so nothing against tradition - but all in all it's not what I expected or was looking forward to. I've had the money waiting since fathers day, ready to be spent but now I'm not going to rush. I need time to make up my mind.

2 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

it's poo poo.

does DC not know that we're only successful in proper stripes.

To be clear. I like away and 3rd shirt. The home shirt is not Wednesday. I hate it with a passion. 

1 hour ago, Apple said:

make yourfucking mind up lol

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

make yourfucking mind up lol

Have a think about how many seasons will have passed after this season and next season.

Then read what I put.

Then realise.

Then be embarrassed.

lol

14 minutes ago, Apple said:

Have a think about how many seasons will have passed after this season and next season.

Then read what I put.

Then realise.

Then be embarrassed.

lol

It's for ONE year...NEXT year we'll have no stripes at all...wanna bet that next year ( our centenary ) we will be back in stripes

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

It's for ONE year...NEXT year we'll have no stripes at all...wanna bet that next year ( our centenary ) we will be back in stripes

What point are you making?

I've make a guess that next season we'll go with the blue body and white sleeve design for the 150. You were calling me out on the fact I'd changed my mind, which clearly I wasn't. I was suggesting we'll have this for a season, next season I think we'll have the 66 design then we'll likely go back to normal stripes (2 seasons from now) hence the 2-3 seasons comment.

You seem to have made it into something else?

I don't mind a little change, but all three are truly stinking. 

Home shirt, wtf... Why so much ducking blue. Surely anyone that works in anything remotely visual could see that. Plus the shorts are a different tone to the shirt. Not even getting the basics right. Utter shyte. 

The other two... Unquestionably awful. No redeeming features. 

1/10

10 minutes ago, taylor said:

I don't mind a little change, but all three are truly stinking. 

Home shirt, wtf... Why so much ducking blue. Surely anyone that works in anything remotely visual could see that. Plus the shorts are a different tone to the shirt. Not even getting the basics right. Utter shyte. 

The other two... Unquestionably awful. No redeeming features. 

1/10

Classic flounce

it's a shirt we will wear maybe 40 times. Who gives a sh@t? 24 pages of men commenting on a t-shirt 

2 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Classic flounce

it's a shirt we will wear maybe 40 times. Who gives a sh@t? 24 pages of men commenting on a t-shirt 

"NEW SWFC KIT REVEALED - What do you think?"

What were you expecting from this thread?

Edited by Donny.Owl