Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JOHNHARKES

KITSTORM FRIDAY

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Yeah, the shorts will sort it!

 

Well there aren't many teams that play in blue with black shorts. I'm happy to have something a bit different for a season to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

Well there aren't many teams that play in blue with black shorts. I'm happy to have something a bit different for a season to be honest. 

It's not different though is it?

 

its Ipswich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

It's not different though is it?

 

its Ipswich.

 

Different for us was what I meant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kitstorm Thursday then lol

Edited by walkleyblue
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we don't sell many. At least we can flog them on to Millwall. A change of badge and Bob's your Uncle. 

Edited by Donny.Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

If we don't sell many. At least we can flog them on to Millwall. A change of badge and Bob's your Uncle. 

 

I don't know about you but my uncles are called Peter, David and George.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pauli said:

 

I don't know about you but my uncles are called Peter, David and George.

We haven't changed the badge yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pauli said:

 

I don't know about you but my uncles are called Peter, David and George.

 

They aren't your real Uncles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I saw these in the '16/17 Kits' thread for another club I would be saying that all three are very nice indeed.

 

I can't get behind that as our home kit though. It's just not right.

 

Some things should never be f**ked with.

 

 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wath-owl said:

Some things should never be f**ked with.

 

After extensive research, I've concluded that these are stripes and Wu-Tang Clan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

I think this might be a rare season, when I like our modern shirts enough to buy all three. Some people moan about brands but it doesn't matter what brand you have as long as it's a quality design. And all three have been designed well and look nice. I like the home one the most because it looks retro and simple to me but also modern and stylish too. We've had a similarish shirt in the early 60's and it will probably be for only one season but it looks nice to me.

 

Yeah it does look nice....if you're Everton, Millwall or Ipswich...this isn't a Wednesday shirt, never mind we had one similar in the 60's, it wasn't us then either, if you look at the historical kits it says they wore that shirt for just a few games, then they switched to more traditional stripes....still I suppose it could be worse, could be like the 95/97 shirt, surely the worst home shirt ever produced.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, qantas said:

 

Yeah it does look nice....if you're Everton, Millwall or Ipswich...this isn't a Wednesday shirt, never mind we had one similar in the 60's, it wasn't us then either, if you look at the historical kits it says they wore that shirt for just a few games, then they switched to more traditional stripes....still I suppose it could be worse, could be like the 95/97 shirt, surely the worst home shirt ever produced.

 

Don't get me wrong I love blue and white stripes. Ideally I'd love the early 90's promotion and League Cup winning kit or the Di Canio era kit. I grew up seeing us in blue and white stripes and black shorts, that's how I saw or thought a Wednesday kit should be. But even during my time as a fan, we've deviated away from that quite often, even ditching the stripes in the 90's and having pin stripes in the late 80's. What I'm saying is we've had many variations of home kits, plenty of change throughout the club's history but always stayed blue and white. For one season it isn't as drastic as some of us think and we'll have another new retro shirt for the 150th anniversary the following season. We've had change before and we're still here following the club we love and support, and gratefully we still got a club to follow. It's not so bad a kit and at the end of the day it's just a kit and yet it's still blue and white. To be honest I would've preferred black shorts and slightly thicker pin stripes but I still like it and I like the retroness of it along with the original club badge.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

 

Don't get me wrong I love blue and white stripes. Ideally I'd love the early 90's promotion and League Cup winning kit or the Di Canio era kit. I grew up seeing us in blue and white stripes and black shorts, that's how I saw or thought a Wednesday kit should be. But even during my time as a fan, we've deviated away from that quite often, even ditching the stripes in the 90's and having pin stripes in the late 80's. What I'm saying is we've had many variations of home kits, plenty of change throughout the club's history but always stayed blue and white. For one season it isn't as drastic as some of us think and we'll have another new retro shirt for the 150th anniversary the following season. We've had change before and we're still here following the club we love and support, and gratefully we still got a club to follow. It's not so bad a kit and at the end of the day it's just a kit and yet it's still blue and white. To be honest I would've preferred black shorts and slightly thicker pin stripes but I still like it and I like the retroness of it along with the original club badge.

 

It's the first major change since the 95/97 horror so I guess a change was due, end of the day it's not worth getting too hung up on but I do like Wednesday to look like Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like them it also loks like we have gone back to our traditional blue too.

 

Embrace the change. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the two away kits. The black and orange I love. (I knew I would)

 

Honestly not loving the home kit. At the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst home kit ever.

 

We play in blue and white stripes FFS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't understand why some folk get so hung up on the kits.

 

#shoesoff

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...