KITSTORM FRIDAY

4 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

I think this might be a rare season, when I like our modern shirts enough to buy all three. Some people moan about brands but it doesn't matter what brand you have as long as it's a quality design. And all three have been designed well and look nice. I like the home one the most because it looks retro and simple to me but also modern and stylish too. We've had a similarish shirt in the early 60's and it will probably be for only one season but it looks nice to me.

Yeah it does look nice....if you're Everton, Millwall or Ipswich...this isn't a Wednesday shirt, never mind we had one similar in the 60's, it wasn't us then either, if you look at the historical kits it says they wore that shirt for just a few games, then they switched to more traditional stripes....still I suppose it could be worse, could be like the 95/97 shirt, surely the worst home shirt ever produced.

9 minutes ago, qantas said:

Yeah it does look nice....if you're Everton, Millwall or Ipswich...this isn't a Wednesday shirt, never mind we had one similar in the 60's, it wasn't us then either, if you look at the historical kits it says they wore that shirt for just a few games, then they switched to more traditional stripes....still I suppose it could be worse, could be like the 95/97 shirt, surely the worst home shirt ever produced.

Don't get me wrong I love blue and white stripes. Ideally I'd love the early 90's promotion and League Cup winning kit or the Di Canio era kit. I grew up seeing us in blue and white stripes and black shorts, that's how I saw or thought a Wednesday kit should be. But even during my time as a fan, we've deviated away from that quite often, even ditching the stripes in the 90's and having pin stripes in the late 80's. What I'm saying is we've had many variations of home kits, plenty of change throughout the club's history but always stayed blue and white. For one season it isn't as drastic as some of us think and we'll have another new retro shirt for the 150th anniversary the following season. We've had change before and we're still here following the club we love and support, and gratefully we still got a club to follow. It's not so bad a kit and at the end of the day it's just a kit and yet it's still blue and white. To be honest I would've preferred black shorts and slightly thicker pin stripes but I still like it and I like the retroness of it along with the original club badge.

10 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Don't get me wrong I love blue and white stripes. Ideally I'd love the early 90's promotion and League Cup winning kit or the Di Canio era kit. I grew up seeing us in blue and white stripes and black shorts, that's how I saw or thought a Wednesday kit should be. But even during my time as a fan, we've deviated away from that quite often, even ditching the stripes in the 90's and having pin stripes in the late 80's. What I'm saying is we've had many variations of home kits, plenty of change throughout the club's history but always stayed blue and white. For one season it isn't as drastic as some of us think and we'll have another new retro shirt for the 150th anniversary the following season. We've had change before and we're still here following the club we love and support, and gratefully we still got a club to follow. It's not so bad a kit and at the end of the day it's just a kit and yet it's still blue and white. To be honest I would've preferred black shorts and slightly thicker pin stripes but I still like it and I like the retroness of it along with the original club badge.

It's the first major change since the 95/97 horror so I guess a change was due, end of the day it's not worth getting too hung up on but I do like Wednesday to look like Wednesday.

7 hours ago, thebizzle said:

No hard feelings Shezza, just don't question me again

Morning, all! 

All apologies to thebizzle, who, of course, was 100 percent right! 

And the shirts do look. Not very Wednesday, mind. 

I'm not that fussed with sondico but in all fairness they've been more imaginative with their designs for us than some of the other brands we've had. I think all the kits look smart and I'll be honest I like the home kit but at the end of the day some people don't like change and that's the way it'll always be?

Horrific home shirt

Talks about the importance of tradition and we get this.

Sheffield Wednesday play in blue and white stripes.

Black is different but a grower.

White looks really nice.