Match Day Prices Announced

9 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Let's say you're a family and you have the option of either watching it on sky or spending well over 120 quid just to go to the ground on a Sunday at 4pm which option would you choose?

If they'd rather pay 100 a month go pay for sky then they can wee wee off for all I care

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If they'd rather pay 100 a month go pay for sky then they can wee wee off for all I care

They can pay 40 quid a month and watch it instead of paying 120 quid for a single day. Why deliberately create disdain amongst the none season ticket holders?

1 minute ago, ohgoditsjames said:

They can pay 40 quid a month and watch it instead of paying 120 quid for a single day. Why deliberately create disdain amongst the none season ticket holders?

The people who object to ticket prices are the ones who will never go to games anyway, this is just a perfect excuse for them to not show. If this was wembley or even villa in the premier league no one would bat an eyelid

The prices are an absolute disgrace, for season tickets and especially POTG. We are in danger of losing a generation of fans, ironically at a ground where we consistently fail to fill more than 60% of the available seats. 

No excuses at all, for footballers earning millions every year, not even at the top level. The game desperately needs another ITV digital situation to sort itself out once and for all. 

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The people who object to ticket prices are the ones who will never go to games anyway, this is just a perfect excuse for them to not show. If this was wembley or even villa in the premier league no one would bat an eyelid

I think you may be surprised.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not true for everyone, but certainly true for some. One of the biggest moaners about prices last year didn't go to Wembley because basically he didn't want to get home late.

Guest mkowl
14 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

Watch on sky for nowt or pay 42 on kop plus travel booze and food hmm 

So villa fans will be paying double to come to Hillsborough to what they would have paid to go to an field. Old Trafford etc 

Good chance that it is why it is a Category A game - take the money off the Villa fans who will attend out of the novelty value of Championship football.

Simple view of mine

Too many categories

Top 4 categories way too expensive

Junior prices - can't grumble

Club doesn't recognise the geographical spread of the Wednesday fan base and that for a high percentage of folk a trip can only be once or twice a season - ST or membership just doesn't fit the profile

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Precisely, we aren't at Wembley and we aren't in the Premier League. We're playing in the Championship at Hillsborough that runs out of hot water on the Kop.

I have a season ticket btw.

Guest mkowl
3 minutes ago, vulva said:

The prices are an absolute disgrace, for season tickets and especially POTG. We are in danger of losing a generation of fans, ironically at a ground where we consistently fail to fill more than 60% of the available seats. 

No excuses at all, for footballers earning millions every year, not even at the top level. The game desperately needs another ITV digital situation to sort itself out once and for all. 

POTG at the top level categories I would agree

20000 season tickets sold I think says they have been priced at a fair level in most peoples view

Can't commit to a season ticket because of work and those prices made me wince. I always get a membership but at £50 its taken a massive step up, they need loads of offers for that price. 

As for Chansiri, judging by this he's either very greedy or absolutely clueless as to the current financial situation within Sheffield and the UK. Better get those pennies out Dejphon because people will need a lot of satisfying now. 

22 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Let's say you're a family and you have the option of either watching it on sky or spending well over 120 quid just to go to the ground on a Sunday at 4pm which option would you choose?

Many had the choice to watch Play-off on telly but spent hundreds and q jumped buying membership/ foundation before they were taken off sale.

Another excuse for the ones that don't want to go