What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

19 minutes ago, Luke_Owls said:

Newcastle signing judge and yedlin strengthening in the right areas unlike us over loading centre midfield.

For all the money they've spent tho, I don't think they've really signed anyone that will make the step up. They'll need major surgery next season if they go up 

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

If we can get Reach, a decent left back and possibly another striker we can compete. 

Our side lacks width so Reach would be a great signing! I feel we need another left back and right back! Hunt concerns me at right back!

8 hours ago, Blueblood said:

For all the money they've spent tho, I don't think they've really signed anyone that will make the step up. They'll need major surgery next season if they go up 

Dont think that matters any more. The PL quality and cost is such a step up that clubs need to concentrate on players, managers and styles which succeed in the Championship, then ship out several and start again once promoted. 

I'd love us to sign Reach. I'd also love us to sign Rhodes of course, but we won't & we don't really need him.

I know CC keeps mentioning the need for a left winger, but I think he'd predominantly use Reach down the right hand side & Buckley down the left.

14 hours ago, Blueblood said:

I wonder if they've learned much from previous experience. A number of teams including Hull City, Burnley, us in 89-90 and quite a few others kept the relegated side largely together and went straight back up.

Sunderland and Wolves are eyeing a move for highly-rated Barnsley defender Alfie Mawson.

Bristol City - who were rumoured to have had a bid turned by the Tykes earlier this summer for the 22-year-old - have been tracking the centre-half for some months along with the likes of Newcastle United and Leeds United

9 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sunderland and Wolves are eyeing a move for highly-rated Barnsley defender Alfie Mawson.

Bristol City - who were rumoured to have had a bid turned by the Tykes earlier this summer for the 22-year-old - have been tracking the centre-half for some months along with the likes of Newcastle United and Leeds United

Wolves appear to be leading the race. Disappointed about this. I think he'd have been a much better signing than Sasso for us. No idea if he's a good ball player though.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Newcastle sell Janmaat to Watford for 7.5 million

They've also been been linked with Paterson at Hearts for right back and had scouts at our last game. I'd like to see Wednesday come in for Callum to be honest he's better than bothHunt and Palmer and has the right build to be a big success in England. 

£1m for a 21 year old full Scotland international to me is good value too and he's one of the best headers of a ball I've seen at his age. Wigan have had a second offer of £700k turned down. Hearts can get £400k in development fee at the end of the season even if he leaves at the end of his contract.