What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

5 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Parachute payments after earning around £100m for getting relegated from the PL

Makes me absolutely sick and yes a tad jealous but how shocking that Premiership clubs are basically financially rewarded for been sh!t the previous season. You can guarantee if we ever went up the FA would stop them lol

6 hours ago, Crofty_11 said:

Just to put things into perspective.

Villa have spent £39 million with De Laet.

Newcastle have spend £46 million excluding whatever they pay for Judge.

Mind blowing.

What have Newcastle raked in through sales though, I'll bet it'll end up not being far from that and they'll have trimmed some high earners off their payroll: I still hate them tho!

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Newcastle bidding for Judge who suffered a double leg-break and still hasn't recovered sufficiently to play as far as I know. Will be interested to see their bid. He may not be as good this season under the circumstances.

My understanding is he'll have to have a rigourous medical for insurance purposes. I don't think he'll be a crock.

Guest wilyfox
34 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Have I missed something or have Norwich spent virtually nothing other than the youngster from Liverpool?

I suppose they didn't need the major surgery that the other two needed though.

8.5 on Pritchard, 2.5 on Canos. That's the Redmond cash spent. 

1 hour ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

What have Newcastle raked in through sales though, I'll bet it'll end up not being far from that and they'll have trimmed some high earners off their payroll: I still hate them tho!

About £40 million they reckon, so effectively they've only spent £5 million - probably less than us. + Sissoko will go for at least £25 million. When you've got assets like that, giving them parachute payments is almost insulting to everyone else.