Season tickets- final phase on sale

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

how would you price the bundles ,would anyone with a 10 game have specific matches or just choose when to use it when they want ?.........in theory i think its a good idea but clubs dont seem to like doing it for some reason.

What I would do is announce the matchday prices for every single match.

then you can buy 15 tickets for any 15 matches and get 15% off the price.

10 tickets, 10% off the price.

5 tickets, 5% off the price.

a 15 match package would obviously need to work out more expensive than a season ticket per match.

but roughly speaking, that is how I see it.

membership would need to be calculated in as well so a fancy spreadsheet needed to work it all out.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

10 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

http://mobile.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/season-tickets-back-on-sale-3173832.aspx

as title.

Clue to the POTG prices then.

Now we know the top price for season tickets, we also in theory know the lowest possible average price (for members) for POTG.

I get the impression people still think theres 1000's of POTG sales, I get the feeling these will now be mainly new season tickets this year, hope not!

Like someone else has stated, don't see the need for a new price, unless we announce some super star signings, but we cant even announce a new kit at the min lol

8 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

I dont know why they cant be just left at the price they were first launched at and kept there, i cant even remember how much i paid it is that long ago but i dont really see why the price has to rise after that.

Probably to encourage early sales, so the Club can budget for the forthcoming season.

3 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Probably to encourage early sales, so the Club can budget for the forthcoming season.

But you would buy early to keep your seat as the club would still have to keep a time period where you are guaranteed to keep it.

25 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

What I would do is announce the matchday prices for every single match.

then you can buy 15 tickets for any 15 matches and get 15% off the price.

10 tickets, 10% off the price.

5 tickets, 5% off the price.

a 15 match package would obviously need to work out more expensive than a season ticket per match.

but roughly speaking, that is how I see it.

membership would need to be calculated in as well so a fancy spreadsheet needed to work it all out.

Announcing each match day price in advance removes the flexibility the club has said it wants. Flexibility to reduce prices, as well as increase them, depending on circumstances at the time.

Buying a block of tickets for specific matches in advance requires the fan to know what they are doing in, perhaps, March/April. And advance knowledge of any rescheduled games for cup/sky. It removes the flexibility that the fan needs, which is the purpose of multi-ticket, but not match-specific.

Getting this right, will be horrendously complex, but I hope they pursue it and fans accept that there might be a few anomalies.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Aren't seats guaranteed up until the beginning of July any way?

So they could change that to 4 weeks after going on sale and charge everyone the same. I've never seen the logic in owners wanting to fill the ground and then flogging season tickets on a sliding scale.

1 minute ago, UTO1867 said:

So they could change that to 4 weeks after going on sale and charge everyone the same. I've never seen the logic in owners wanting to fill the ground and then flogging season tickets on a sliding scale.

Not sure why they would change a strategy that's generated a record-breaking 20,000 season ticket sales?

There is also the balance between trying to sell as many S/T's as possible and generating the most amount of income from S/T sales. I'd guess that is another reason for the staggered sales/ prices?

11 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Not sure why they would change a strategy that's generated a record-breaking 20,000 season ticket sales?

There is also the balance between trying to sell as many S/T's as possible and generating the most amount of income from S/T sales. I'd guess that is another reason for the staggered sales/ prices?

The record breaking sales of 20,000 weren't at £505, £615 and £705 though were they and lets be honest the absolute vast majority of the 20,000 were sold in the advanced saver deal where the dearest 1 year ticket prices were £415, £505 and £580 and even cheaper for 2 and 3 year deals.

I can fully understand the club wanting to screw us for every penny it can, after all it is us wanting success but there isn't a supply and demand problem when it comes to tickets, there are still thousands of seats to still pick from and lets be honest probably with a worse view. I just don't understand why people are having to pay more than the £415 i paid just because they chose to wait a bit, it seems unfair.