Fletcher vs Current Strikers - Are Dave's Days Numbered? [Article]

output_6WlOPd.gif

So here is how Steven Fletcher statistically matches up against the strikers we currently have. I've also wrote a very brief post accompanying the above outlining my views and explaining any of the stats from the radar here; so give it a read and let me know your thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You took the time to construct THAT :laugh:

Well yes because analytics/statistics is something I would ideally like to make a career out of. So going the extra mile and doing stuff like this is crucial to getting noticed for any potential opportunities 

1 minute ago, @cl_ftbl said:

Well yes because analytics/statistics is something I would ideally like to make a career out of. So going the extra mile and doing stuff like this is crucial to getting noticed for any potential opportunities 

You'll be lucky to find anyone who can spell analytics or statistics on here...good luck I'd start with Council Owl and Big Guns/ Pitts first  lollol

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

You'll be lucky to find anyone who can spell analytics or statistics on here...good luck I'd start with Council Owl and Big Guns/ Pitts first  lollol

I used to go out with Anna Liticles.

1 hour ago, camffiti said:

Joao dropped down the pecking order, in the latter half of the season

Is he going to be happy to stay?

Assuming we buy no more forwards, he is likely to the third choice, as he was in the second half of the season. He will get game time as a sub for Fletcher or Hooper, and start when either are injured. Up to him then to force his way into the first Xl. He looks to have the ability.

Always interesting to read your stats slant on things cl.

Perhaps have a look at one of the regular issues here on OT....?

Lee and Bannan as CM pairing, compared to Hutch and either Lee or Bannan? Many on here think Lee and Bannan are too lightweight, so want us to buy a more robust version of Hutch.

15 hours ago, @cl_ftbl said:

output_6WlOPd.gif

So here is how Steven Fletcher statistically matches up against the strikers we currently have. I've also wrote a very brief post accompanying the above outlining my views and explaining any of the stats from the radar here; so give it a read and let me know your thoughts. 

Interesting, shows that Fletcher will offer more in terms of through balls which our current forwards don't have. Looking at that though makes you realise if we play hooper and fletcher together they may not be able to feed the other, Nuhiu might though.

Only thing I would say though is I'm guessing you have used fletchers premier stats, which won't be like for like as the others will be champ. I would expect fletchers spider graph to move out over the season

This is just a complicated way of what I put in the other thread.

cos he's done a fancy colour chart  he's getting off lightly 

lol 

13 minutes ago, council owl said:

This is just a complicated way of what I put in the other thread.

cos he's done a fancy colour chart  he's getting off lightly 

lol 

Though not naming his thread "Sell the big lump now" possibly gave him some leeway too.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Assuming we buy no more forwards, he is likely to the third choice, as he was in the second half of the season. He will get game time as a sub for Fletcher or Hooper, and start when either are injured. Up to him then to force his way into the first Xl. He looks to have the ability.

Assuming Dave leaves