Nodding them in!

I think we need a forward who can consistently score with his head! Harking back, we had 'Noddy' Ellis, John Hickton, John Ritchie, and then there was David Hurst and  Andy Booth and one or two others after them, but where are their equivalents now? Atdhe Nuhiu for all his height and other attributes is hopeless at scoring with his head, while Hooper is lethal with his feet, but alas seems to net few with his head. Joao's header against Arsenal was sublime, but appears to be a one-off. Forestieri is a great all-rounder and has a great jump on him, but his diminutive size means we can't expect too much of him in the heading department. I know we can't afford the likes of an Andy Caroll, but surely there is someone out there who could nod it in for us on a regular basis?  

Guest wilyfox

A doctor whose interests include literature, that cannot spell. Welcome, my friend. You will fit right in.

:duntmatter:

So we have a relatively new member of owlstalk, but long time supporter of our club. He's willing to show his face on his profile, have a fairly detailed bio and clearly is starting to get involved in owlstalk.

John has engaged in debate during the dull summer weeks before transfer activity and friendlies by creating a topic that doesn't just repeat the same old threads we see time and time again and you lot go downvoting based on spelling.

Well done everyone, that's exactly how you should treat people if you want a vibrant and popular discussion forum.

Welcome aboard John, I hope people treat you better in future

6 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

So we have a relatively new member of owlstalk, but long time supporter of our club. He's willing to show his face on his profile, have a fairly detailed bio and clearly is starting to get involved in owlstalk.

John has engaged in debate during the dull summer weeks before transfer activity and friendlies by creating a topic that doesn't just repeat the same old threads we see time and time again and you lot go downvoting based on spelling.

Well done everyone, that's exactly how you should treat people if you want a vibrant and popular discussion forum.

Welcome aboard John, I hope people treat you better in future

ive also shown my face on my profile pic. i consider myself very brave :biggrin:

I find it more amusing he spelt Hirst wrong, yet got Nuhiu's name right, which is better than approx 50% on here.

Doctor John - If you can spell our keepers name right, you'll already be reaching the upper echelons of OT spelling school.

And yes, someone with a non 50p head who can win aerial battles would be a boon.

Guest Hirstpower

The best header of the ball outside the premiership is gestede, but no way villa would let him go. 

The Icelanders showed that there will always be a place for powerful headers of the ball.

I think Fletcher would add this extra string to our bow. It's not just the headed goals, but the extra dimension to our attacking play it would bring.

Hello John. Welcome.