North Stand Cusions

23 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Just out of interest, what would mint condition cushions be worth to collectors on here ?

Id love to know ,as ive got one in the spare bedroom with all my old programmes and shirts. ( missus says im a sad old git , how dare she ) 

21 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Id love to know ,as ive got one in the spare bedroom with all my old programmes and shirts. ( missus says im a sad old git , how dare she ) 

Last few I've sold have made £40 to £50+ depending on condition. 

For those who would like to acquire one, I've seen 5/6 in last 5 years so they do turn up occasionally. 

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 21:42, Miffed said:

Is this one?

They were before my time, but are these the ones that used to get thrown on the pitch after a bad performance? What was the story? Were they just put on the seats before every game? Were they ever thrown on the pitch during games? Did people / players ever get hit?

IMG_20160622_213453644.jpg

The only time i can recall of cushions being launched onto the pitch was after a 3-3 draw with Luton in 1981 after the worst refereeing display i have ever seen (John Lovatt from Crewe) Does anybody remember this game?

10 hours ago, Miffed said:

Don't think its a cig burn as its in the same place on the front and back (iirc might have to check now thinking about it).

I think they are to let the air out when you sit on them, otherwise they would burst 

They used to have a button went through the middle, that's what the hole is

17 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

We'd could do with selling them again as i suffer from Piles and find it discomforting every time i sit down. :duntmatter:WTF:

Wouldn't worry too much about that as Fessi and friends will have us up on our feet most of the time.