Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
@owlstalk

Just had a right idea...

Recommended Posts


How many of you have used the (fantastic) UBER app?

It's a great service in more ways than one, and during peak times (kicking out time after pubs and clubs for example) the price gets dictated by demand so when it's real busy you can expect to pay a premium for getting an Uber ordered.

 

but one think just struck me

Someone should start up a ticketing app for football that runs exactly the same way

So for example lets say a match isn't that appealing to the fans. The app would recognise this via ticket sales and then reduce the cost of the tickets automatically 

Then let's say we get Man Utd in the cup, or we start to hit top three and attendances rise. Then the app would automatically price it up so that the club makes the most amount of money and attracts the most number of fans it's possible to attract


All automatic - so there's no price bands, no categories, just supply and demand dictating ticket prices.

That way more people are attracted to every game, and the club makes more money either way.

SORTED

Who's with me?


 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one, I'm on dragons den next week.

I'll give you a mention in my brief/ £3 million investment from big dunc

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KingCarlos said:




Close... but it's not the same idea.

It's miles off


That pricing can only increase which is nuts


 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are tickets limited to 3 at any one time and only available in the grandstand ala Uber?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is Man U fans who travel far and wide would mop up all the tickets while we are debating what  price the tickets would settle at !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:




Close... but it's not the same idea.

It's miles off


That pricing can only increase which is nuts

 

Which is exaclty how Uber works...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:




Close... but it's not the same idea.

It's miles off


That pricing can only increase which is nuts

 

The pricing only increases because otherwise it doesn't work.

 

Starting the price low and increasing due to demand, encourages supporters to commit to buying early which is what the clubs want.

 

Imagine Brentford at home on a cold November evening.  Nobody would commit to buying early because everybody would think if I leave it until the last possible moment prices will be at rock bottom.  Encouraging supporters to put off giving them their money until the last moment is not what the clubs want.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'd have to do that thing shops do when you're pre ordering.

 

You commit to pay at least the current price, but they don't take the money out until the release date so if the price goes down then you get it at the new lower price.

 

That way you'd still get a better price than buying late if it goes up, but don't lose out if it goes down.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

They'd have to do that thing shops do when you're pre ordering.

 

You commit to pay at least the current price, but they don't take the money out until the release date so if the price goes down then you get it at the new lower price.

 

That way you'd still get a better price than buying late if it goes up, but don't lose out if it goes down.

 

owlsticket.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol

 

Is that how those shows work too?

 

My Dad's went through a stage of buying any old crap from one.

 

He once gave me a bogey green 16 piece dining set for Christmas that he'd got from Price Drop TV. It was flipping awful.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That should say "Dad". Was typing on my phone whilst being harassed by a 2 year old wanting me to put "diggers on" .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Donny.Owl said:

That should say "Dad". Was typing on my phone whilst being harassed by a 2 year old wanting me to put "diggers on" .

 

Put bluddy diggers on for him/her then, lol.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

 

The pricing only increases because otherwise it doesn't work.

 

Starting the price low and increasing due to demand, encourages supporters to commit to buying early which is what the clubs want.

 

Imagine Brentford at home on a cold November evening.  Nobody would commit to buying early because everybody would think if I leave it until the last possible moment prices will be at rock bottom.  Encouraging supporters to put off giving them their money until the last moment is not what the clubs want.




You've ruined my enthusiasm for my great idea now

 

lol


 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's how you sell air line tickets and hotel bedrooms (minus the app of course)

 

the problem you have is you need to st k to a base line fee for season ticket holders otherwise this will devalue their tickets unless you offer cash back rates when it drops below the allocated season ticket price.

 

to make this work and drive revenue  you will effectively start selling tickets at a price of £10.00- £15.00 which is way to cheap for season tickets sales.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...