De Bilde on his time at S6

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

A truly awful player

thank god we haven't got 'over payed mercenaries' like him at the club any more

when me and my mates joke about useless players we've had in the past his name is always first out of the hat

just think about that

think about the TERRIBLE players we've had in the last 20 years

the only thing he ever won here was he 'tops that list'

shockingly bad player who stole a wage.

The really frustrating thing, is that he wasn't a terrible player. A terrible signing? Sure. But he had a lot of ability. 

What with him and the donkey Jonkey amongst others , it's no wonder we struggled . But as has been stated elsewhere you have to look at the Management structure at the time and acknowledge their total incompetence.

6 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

The really frustrating thing, is that he wasn't a terrible player. A terrible signing? Sure. But he had a lot of ability. 

Yes and we had an inexperienced, uninspiring manager at the helm. A manager like Atkinson could have motivated the de Bilde's of this world. Wilson was never going to. But none of that should be an excuse for the motivation and commitment level of de Bilde and Jonk in particular. Our club was sinking at the time and they were just prepared to let it happen without so much as a whimper. And when the inevitable happened, they just walked away without giving a damn.

3 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

He wasn't the only mercenary in that team. Worse than his footballing form, he and his little band of co-conspirators paved the way for twenty years of financial pain and misery that included the Allen years and finally the doors of the High Court. We are now only just recovering from the damage inflicted on the club. 

De bilde was not alone but he was certainly one of the causative factors.

Thanks for nothing Gilles!

To be fair,  he was offered a contract by the club.  He wouldn't have been interested if the club could actually afford it or what it might mean for the future.

the board of directors at the time are totally to blame for the financial state we ended up in.

i actually think he was a half decent player,. But we were a lost cause before he signed.

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Yes and we had an inexperienced, uninspiring manager at the helm. A manager like Atkinson could have motivated the de Bilde's of this world. Wilson was never going to. But none of that should be an excuse for the motivation and commitment level of de Bilde and Jonk in particular. Our club was sinking at the time and they were just prepared to let it happen without so much as a whimper. And when the inevitable happened, they just walked away without giving a damn.

Good points.

It was a real shame. 

All that money spent and hardly any of it was recouped.

1 hour ago, jamsandwich said:

Scouted on vhs. The club was s mess at the time he was a symptom not the cause. 

And Danny wilsons policy of going for cheap foreigners rather than invest in young British talent. He must be a vote remain man lol

6 hours ago, vulva said:

Hes got a better memory than me, because I watched most of his games for us, and can't remember him. More life in a tramps vest. 

Other than Coventry away, where he remains the only player I've ever seen booed, for scoring. 

I went to that one, 4-0 down when he scored. Alan Quinn was the only shining light in the team that day.

Him, sibon and two scottish failures were instrumental in our down fall.

In 99 we were so bad I couldn't wait for relegation so we could bounce bad with some good and committed players. I forgot they had contracts which meant we were lumbered with the two hats for at least another year.

Only decent game I remember him playing was against Wimbledon the season we went down, think he scored twice or maybe hatrick? I remember we thrashed them that game.