De Bilde on his time at S6

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/18/gilles-de-bilde-admits-enjoying-his-time-at-aston-villa-more-tha/?

love you too Giles... not

“In England, it was completely different. I played in a decent team but not that good obviously, because we got relegated in the first year, but it was a big change for me.

“English football was very hard. After, when I went to Aston Villa, it was much better, because Aston Villa were a much better team. At Sheffield, it was really difficult.”

Edited by modboy

He wasn't the only mercenary in that team. Worse than his footballing form, he and his little band of co-conspirators paved the way for twenty years of financial pain and misery that included the Allen years and finally the doors of the High Court. We are now only just recovering from the damage inflicted on the club. 

De bilde was not alone but he was certainly one of the causative factors.

Thanks for nothing Gilles!

6 minutes ago, cedric08 said:

Just didn't work out for him , he wasnt a bad player at all - in todays team he would score 20 a season 

he was a good player who whole heartedly didnt give a feck about giving his all ........he may well score 20 goals in todays team but in the side we had then he just didnt seem to care which was summed up at derby when he congratulated his mate when they scored .

Hes got a better memory than me, because I watched most of his games for us, and can't remember him. More life in a tramps vest. 

Other than Coventry away, where he remains the only player I've ever seen booed, for scoring. 

Edited by vulva

A truly awful player

thank god we haven't got 'over payed mercenaries' like him at the club any more

when me and my mates joke about useless players we've had in the past his name is always first out of the hat

just think about that

think about the TERRIBLE players we've had in the last 20 years

the only thing he ever won here was he 'tops that list'

shockingly bad player who stole a wage.

He was never going to settle, never hung around long enough. His missus used to wait for him outside Bramalls Gold Room and he'd be out of the ground quicker than most fans.

He could've done it, but he couldn't give a throw either way.

Thanks for nowt GDB you're not missed 

For all those blaming Gilles De Bilde for stealing a wage you're all missing the point totally.

He couldn't have landed such a lovely wage if our club hadn't been so poorly and ineptly run.

It's Sheffield Wednesday to blame for all those players coming - not the players themselves.

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

For all those blaming Gilles De Bilde for stealing a wage you're all missing the point totally.

He couldn't have landed such a lovely wage if our club hadn't been so poorly and ineptly run.

It's Sheffield Wednesday to blame for all those players coming - not the players themselves.

Not entirely true. It is not about how much they earn. It's about how much commitment they give in exchange for the money they are paid. If a player comes and gives everything for the cause, he deserves the rewards that he gets. de Bilde came, did the bare minimum that could have been expected and, when things turned pear shaped, just walked away with his vastly undeserved Premiership contract. I guess that, had parachute payments been like they are nowadays, a club can live with that. back then, de Bilde and his co-mercenaries left the club in the excrement.