Why Sheffield Wednesday shouldn't sign Ross McCormack [article]

8 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

Sigh...more stats, ok most of Hoopers career goals have come at Celtic and Scunny, at Celtic he played in a 3 and at Scunny he played with Billy Sharp

TBF Tom they are not stats, they are goals.

Apologies one correction...

Team with big man/little man combo scored 59 in 35

Team without big man/little man combo scored 8 in 14 (2 v Leeds, 2 v Forest, 1 v Derby, 1 v Reading, 1 v Brighton home 1 v Brighton away)

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Team without big man/little man combo scored 8 in 14 (2 v Leeds, 2 v Forest, 1 v Derby, 1 v Reading, 1 v Brighton home 1 v Brighton away)

Surely you can see the flaws in your arguments? 

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Not sure how long it takes you to figure all this stuff out but I think you might be overthinking it a little, if McCormack is available and we can afford him we should go for it because he's one of the best in the league and has been for numerous seasons, the fact people are using the statistic that Hooper has scored more goals with Nuhiu in the team as a reason not to sign McCormack is...well

Just now, Tom22709 said:

Not sure how long it takes you to figure all this stuff out but I think you might be overthinking it a little, if McCormack is available and we can afford him we should go for it because he's one of the best in the league and has been for numerous seasons, the fact people are using the statistic that Hooper has scored more goals with Nuhiu in the team as a reason not to sign McCormack is...well

If you read my posts in this thread you will see that I say I would like him to sign for us.

I was simply replying to TOM22 post about big man/little man.

22 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Could you ever have imagined a couple of years ago, that people would be arguing on Owlstalk about whether or not Ross McCormack would be good enough for us and where we'd play him in our team?

Thank you Dejphon.

People on Owlstalk will find a way to argue about most topics, to be fair!

9 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Nice stats as usual, but if (and it's a big if) we signed McCormack, surely he'd partner Hooper more often than he'd replace him? You should be comparing McCormack with Nuhiu and João...and the conclusion would be that we should sign him!

:manager:

of course it is...

the biggest stumbling bloc to any mccormack signing might well be fulham's unwillingness to sell unless the price is top dollar...

what next the reason we shouldn't sign messi is he could be about to break both legs in training, very much a 'if' this, and 'if' that scenario...

we need a very capable replacement for nuhiu, to provide a plan B option for attacking...

to either offer a man who can run the channels, or be an effective arial target...

now IF we got one who could do both, what a find...

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Hooper with big man/little man combo scored 9 goals in 11

Hooper without big man/little man combo scored 4 goals in 14

Forestieri with big man/little man combo scored 15 in 26

Forestieri without big man/little man combo scored 0 in 14

Team with big man/little man combo scored 59 in 32

Team without big man/little man combo scored 7 in 14 (2 v Leeds, 2 v Forest, 1 v Derby, 1 v Reading, 1 v Brighton)

Interesting that 59 of our 66 goals came with either Joao or Nuhiu on the field. That surely suggests this "type" of player suits our personnel and approach. Therefore, if we got a higher quality player of this "type", I would imagine great things next season.

whilst stats are not to be taken as total proof...

they are pretty conclusive in these cases...

9 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Personally I think that kind of money is best spent on someone we can take to the premiership 

Conor Wickham !!!!

Wickham's already in the Premier League and appeared in over half of his team's matches last season. I'm not sure he'd be too keen on that plan!

13 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Wickham's already in the Premier League and appeared in over half of his team's matches last season. I'm not sure he'd be too keen on that plan!

Don't know, may have played a lot but didn't score that many and didn't really suit his game. Was not played much one Adebayor arrived.... Also was bouncing around with the Wednesday fans in Wembley...

think if we made it worth his while he would be interested