Waddle Didn't Want To Leave Marseille

Guest wilyfox
52 minutes ago, David1867 said:

But he doesn't have to make direct insults at us on national television either. 

What was the insult, enjoying his time in Marseille? What a neurotic post. lol

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Wildsmith simultaneously saying people are upset about this (when nobody is) and that we shouldn't be upset (nobody is)

He will be crying if he gets trolled back though lol

My nets full.

Thanks though.

I don't post very often on here choosing to mainly laugh at the rubbishy posted on here. 

I had to post on this pathetic thread though.

2 weeks ago at Wembley my wife and I sat outside a coffee shop watching Chrissie Waddle. 

For or almost an hour he was signing autographs, taking selfies chatting with the kids and disabled fans in wheelchairs. 

He he turned nobody away, took his time, took all the banter in good fun a true gentleman and the crowd chanted his song

in appreciation.  

he is a true Wednesday legend and has lived in Sheffield  for many years, his kids are Wednesday fans what more has he to

prove ?

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

i'm gonna count how many trolls you do before you have a flounce yourself, this is #1 we'll see if there is a pattern. Or you can just be civil and you can avoid these situations!

Flounce. Such a sh.it word. It's a football forum, give yourself a shake.

Im getting accused of trolling here so I'm just rolling with it and laughing at you all. It's properly amusing. I wasn't even trolling. If I wanted to troll is post the kind of rubbish that others have in this thread about him being crap and so on.

2 minutes ago, Wild(smith)Thing said:

Flounce. Such a sh.it word. It's a football forum, give yourself a shake.

Im getting accused of trolling here so I'm just rolling with it and laughing at you all. It's properly amusing. I wasn't even trolling. If I wanted to troll is post the kind of rubbish that others have in this thread about him being crap and so on.

it's just the word you used yourself ;-)

Don't blame him. Why would you give up a lifestyle on the French riviera in a rush especially if he was enjoying his football out here. Looking back he had a great time at Wednesday and we should count ourselves very lucky for getting him, especially those of us who got to see him in a Wednesday shirt.

To me, Waddle can say what he want's, he's earned the right.   Sheffield is my home, I love it - but parts of it are a shithole.   As are parts of Marseille no doubt.   I do believe some of his affection for Sheffield don't just lie with football connections, but how his daughter felt at home here during some difficult times also.

He could say Sheffield is a dump and i'd still be greatful for all he did for us

7 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

To me, Waddle can say what he want's, he's earned the right.   Sheffield is my home, I love it - but parts of it are a shithole.   As are parts of Marseille no doubt.   I do believe some of his affection for Sheffield don't just lie with football connections, but how his daughter felt at home here during some difficult times also.

He could say Sheffield is a dump and i'd still be greatful for all he did for us

Sure he never  spoke about Sheffield being a dump

5 hours ago, Wild(smith)Thing said:

I'm not saying Waddle doesn't have a soft spot for our club or that we should adore him less for it.

But it shows how footballers tread a fine line when discussing their past clubs when the fans of the clubs have them on a pedestal.

I wonder which of the two clubs he is most fond of, if he has a favourite.

Waddle is simply adored in Marseille, they love him possibly more than we do.

5 hours ago, TK-Owl said:

Where does he live now though? Sheffield? 

End of thread

5 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Marseille or Sheffield.  I know where I would rather be. 

Marseille - been there - doesn't really make the most of its location. Main point of interest is the French Foreign Legion HQ. I think Waddle's made his decision about where to live, as have a number of our other ex-players. If you don't like Sheffield, well, there's no barbed wire and no automatic machine guns. This ain't East Berlin (though it has some of its old-fashioned charm).:laugh: