Waddle Didn't Want To Leave Marseille

As per title.

He was just interview by Gabby Logan on BBC1 and said he never wanted to leave Marseille. He obviously left them to join us.

Discuss.

I'm not saying Waddle doesn't have a soft spot for our club or that we should adore him less for it.

But it shows how footballers tread a fine line when discussing their past clubs when the fans of the clubs have them on a pedestal.

I wonder which of the two clubs he is most fond of, if he has a favourite.

3 minutes ago, Wild(smith)Thing said:

I'm not saying Waddle doesn't have a soft spot for our club or that we should adore him less for it.

But it shows how footballers tread a fine line when discussing their past clubs when the fans of the clubs have them on a pedestal.

Where do he live Sheffield or France, Enough said.

3 minutes ago, Wild(smith)Thing said:

I know the answer to that had a few conversations with him over the years last one a few weeks ago in Brighton 

Guest wilyfox

Why must he have a favourite? Could well be Newcastle anyway..

People always do this; latch onto an off the cuff remark by a former player and act all hurt, as if he wished he'd never joined us. Get a grip. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

People always do this; latch onto an off the cuff remark by a former player and act all hurt, as if he wished he'd never joined us. Get a grip. 

Nobody is acting "all hurt" though are they?

He said he didn't want to leave, those were his words, I repeated them here and asked for people's considerations of those words.

I also pointed out how difficult it must be for footballers to say the right thing to keep the fans of their former clubs happy, without upsetting others.

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He grew up a Sunderland fan, so while he probably looks back fondly at his success with Newcastle, I doubt they'd be his "favourite" past club.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Wild(smith)Thing said:

Nobody is acting "all hurt" though are they?

He said he didn't want to leave, those were his words, I repeated them here and asked for people's considerations of those words.

I also pointed out how difficult it must be for footballers to say the right thing to keep the fans of their former clubs happy, without upsetting others.

What did you expect him to say live on national tv... "Hated it here in Marseille, it's a shytehole?"

You know exactly why you started this thread, to have a pop and get a response on here. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

What did you expect him to say live on national tv... "Hated it here in Marseille, it's a shytehole?"

You know exactly why you started this thread, to have a pop and get a response on here. 

No.

I expected him to gush over his time there and say something like "whilst I was sad to leave I loved my time at Wednesday" not just a blunt "I didn't want to leave".

And I posted it for the reason I've outlined twice, that it must be difficult for footballers to say the right thing etc etc.

You obviously like putting words in my mouth, is there anything else you would like to deposit in there?

*wink*

Just now, lukestheman82 said:

also, it makes my p1$$ sting when people end a title with 'discuss'.

reminds me of my history teacher at school. lol

Hello Luke.

Stand up straight, smarten up that tie, tuck your shirt in.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Wild(smith)Thing said:

I expected him to gush over his time there and say something like "whilst I was sad to leave I loved my time at Wednesday" not just a blunt "I didn't want to leave".

Then more fool you.