17k Season tickets sold

10 hours ago, sparehead3 said:

17k as the record is not very good imo seeing as were massive and all that, plus Bradford sold 18k last year and their not massive.

Great comparison, Bradford who filled Christmas crackers with season tickets. And the ones who did actually pay for them, paid about 100 quid for an adult ST. 

5 hours ago, 1banana2banana said:

Could be worse, we could be stuck in league 1 for another year. Trying to work out how we will break down afc Wimbledon at the sty with 15k that all got in for a quid. 

We could have an owner with no money to actually spend 

Or a lower league manager 

Or an embarrassing history of winning nothing but suing everyone 

We could have lost a semi final to the team we envy at Wembley 

Or dropped a mind the gap lead and missed out on promotion 

Ah wait a minute 

You did 

Corned his "POP" face

I've never bought a season ticket (live in Cheshire and just get to as many games as I can) but am now tempted to get a couple to share among self, wife, son, daughter. What happens though if 3 of or all of 4 of us want to come to a given match? We would want to sit together but there may not be seats available alongside designated season tickets. Is there an option to get 4 in a row somewhere else with two of them treated as pre-paid by virtue of holding the season tickets? How does this work?

8 minutes ago, dmw said:

I've never bought a season ticket (live in Cheshire and just get to as many games as I can) but am now tempted to get a couple to share among self, wife, son, daughter. What happens though if 3 of or all of 4 of us want to come to a given match? We would want to sit together but there may not be seats available alongside designated season tickets. Is there an option to get 4 in a row somewhere else with two of them treated as pre-paid by virtue of holding the season tickets? How does this work?

No, you run the risk of not sitting together,  best bet is to get 2 in a higher availability area (grandstand to the sides etc) more chance of then getting seats near if more than 2 of you decide to come. Get a couple of memberships too, can then book online before the day if 3/4 of you are going, picking your seats and saving £5 on POTD prices ( will also help you if another Wembly trip happens)

4 minutes ago, cazzaswfc said:

No, you run the risk of not sitting together,  best bet is to get 2 in a higher availability area (grandstand to the sides etc) more chance of then getting seats near if more than 2 of you decide to come. Get a couple of memberships too, can then book online before the day if 3/4 of you are going, picking your seats and saving £5 on POTD prices ( will also help you if another Wembly trip happens)

Thanks for the clear response. Cheers.

12 hours ago, sparehead3 said:

17k as the record is not very good imo seeing as were massive and all that, plus Bradford sold 18k last year and their not massive.

bradford were also selling ST`s for £150 .

2 hours ago, dmw said:

This is my position too. I attend with either one son, or upto six of us come. ST no use to me. I will buy Memberships and be online as soon as tickets become available for each home match.

TBH its not hugely different in cost.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

This is my position too. I attend with either one son, or upto six of us come. ST no use to me. I will buy Memberships and be online as soon as tickets become available for each home match.

TBH its not hugely different in cost.

Thanks, I had more or less come to the same conclusion. The downside (for when it's only a couple of us going) is that our favourite places to sit will increasingly become taken up with season tickets. But that's a sign of the club's success so I guess we get to watch better football from a less optimal viewpoint ...

6 minutes ago, dmw said:

Thanks, I had more or less come to the same conclusion. The downside (for when it's only a couple of us going) is that our favourite places to sit will increasingly become taken up with season tickets. But that's a sign of the club's success so I guess we get to watch better football from a less optimal viewpoint ...

Same here.

But I find that if you are quick, even for the bigger games you can still chose decent seats.

I've only ever had a membership for myself & son, never had ST as I live 170m away & can't make every game... 

But would other OWLS recommend a normal Membership OR the Foundation Membership ?? 

What are the pros/cons that you've come across ??

On 10/06/2016 at 12:48, Holmowl said:

Brilliant.

Get off to a good start, unlike last season, and Surely looking at 25k avg this year instead of 22 last year.

Life as a Wednesday fan just keeps getting better and better.

No doubt that JV and Mahatpig will have something to say about that.But never the less,absolutely superb efffort from everone. :manager:

Think we will sell around 19k in total which is good because its progress. Believe the average will increase by a few thousand too as i expect a lot buy memberships and people will try to make the most of the advantages of having a membership. Also should be good crowds for newcastle, villa, norwich, leeds, derby, forest, rotherham and barnsley. If were playing well and competing at the business end of the league can see us averaging 26-27k. The key to it is getting those who went to 10-15 games to commit to a season ticket which we seem on course to do. Then try to get those who went to 5-10 games to attend 10-15 and those who attended a couple of games to get to a few more. All in all its a good time to be a wednesday fan and hope the spirit of wembley continues into next season