17k Season tickets sold

3 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Under 3k to hit 20k season tickets

sold 2k in a week so why isn't it possible to sell under 3k in 3 week

Sales will start to slow down but once the signing come in we'll get a few more, I reckon just short of 21k come first game.

12 hours ago, londonowl said:

For a lot of people, buying a season ticket is not really a financial decision, nor does it mean we are just plastic fans turning up for big games. Life, kids, family and work all have a habit of getting in the way of football and however smug you want to be with your own TrueFan status, i can guarantee that if you were me, you wouldn't have a season ticket.

Acyually, I can't guarantee it, maybe you would have a season ticket if you were me. Maybe you would be happy to miss all the midweek games because the kids need picking up from school. Maybe you would be happy to make a 400 mile round trip for every game. Maybe you would just let your business go to the wall because you decided to go to the football instead of opening on your busiest day. Maybe you would use what little spare time you can make to go to the match rather than spend with your family.

Its easy to make special plans for a day which explains Wembley for some of us but I, like many many other people, will manage to make 6,7 maybe 8 games this season at much greater effort and expense than some of the TrueFans who like so much to belittle the rest of us.

Yep, thats the reason I haven't had one for a few years. Being based in Malaga, and now Oxford, it doesn't make sense because I'm unlikely to make enough games to make it worthwhile having one. Having said that, one of the guys I work with gets one every year, and I actually knew someone who had one in Malaga. He would probably make ten home games a season.

12 hours ago, londonowl said:

For a lot of people, buying a season ticket is not really a financial decision, nor does it mean we are just plastic fans turning up for big games. Life, kids, family and work all have a habit of getting in the way of football and however smug you want to be with your own TrueFan status, i can guarantee that if you were me, you wouldn't have a season ticket.

Acyually, I can't guarantee it, maybe you would have a season ticket if you were me. Maybe you would be happy to miss all the midweek games because the kids need picking up from school. Maybe you would be happy to make a 400 mile round trip for every game. Maybe you would just let your business go to the wall because you decided to go to the football instead of opening on your busiest day. Maybe you would use what little spare time you can make to go to the match rather than spend with your family.

Its easy to make special plans for a day which explains Wembley for some of us but I, like many many other people, will manage to make 6,7 maybe 8 games this season at much greater effort and expense than some of the TrueFans who like so much to belittle the rest of us.

So, we've 17k who put Wednesday before family and the other 23k who are just like you who put family and business first.

thanks for clearing that up.

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yep, thats the reason I haven't had one for a few years. Being based in Malaga, and now Oxford, it doesn't make sense because I'm unlikely to make enough games to make it worthwhile having one. Having said that, one of the guys I work with gets one every year, and I actually knew someone who had one in Malaga. He would probably make ten home games a season.

I live in Hampshire and had a ST last season, made 17 out of the 23 . Rest of games my mates used it , I've renewed again knackered out with all that driving but worth it lol

16 minutes ago, council owl said:

So, we've 17k who put Wednesday before family and the other 23k who are just like you who put family and business first.

thanks for clearing that up.

lol

Yes mate, that's exactly it.

Edited by londonowl

53 minutes ago, Soul Power said:

Great effort. Would'nt suprise me if we ended up with 20k. If we make Hillsborough a fortress next season the top two is achievable.

We made hillsborough a fortress last year really. Only lost to Middlesbrough and Rotherham, first of those was when we were still gelling. 

Its our away form that needs to improve and will dictate of we make the top two I feel. 

Edited by mozzy85

10 hours ago, Hirstpower said:

Londonowl

where a abouts in London are you based? I'm in Willesden, How do you get to these 8 games? Car or train. If you go by car maybe we could share the expenses. 

Hi mate,

I'm in Wimbledon and normally go round M25 but I can come past you and up the M1, doesn't make much difference to me. I'm not bothered about sharing the cost but I will happily give you a lift up if you ever want one and I'm going. Need to check with the lad though, he might be a bit funny about it.

Edited by londonowl

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

One big signing such as Ross McCormack and I think that will spark another buying frenzy, 20k might not be too unrealistic.

I'm sure there's some truth to it, but I've never really bought into the theory that we have a load of fans waiting to see who we buy before deciding whether to get a season ticket or not. Just can't see it. Must be the way my simple mind works. :rolleyes:

On 10 June 2016 at 13:05, walkleyblue said:

Surely the blunts will have sold twice as many as us:stuwinky:

Someone on the pig site reckons 15k+, i wonder if they dish them out like sweets to every school and organisation like they do matchday tickets

Guest mrbluesky
5 hours ago, Soul Power said:

Great effort. Would'nt suprise me if we ended up with 20k. If we make Hillsborough a fortress next season the top two is achievable.

Well put, we are building and if results go our way gates will increase *simples* then Hillsborough will be 3/4 + full instead of half empty, no matter how you look at it this is positive stuff and this club is heading the right way.

Guest mrbluesky
6 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

I'm sure there's some truth to it, but I've never really bought into the theory that we have a load of fans waiting to see who we buy before deciding whether to get a season ticket or not. Just can't see it. Must be the way my simple mind works. :rolleyes:

Agreed, even a couple of 11m players would hardly get an influx of S/T purchases,keep saying this season if we are winning games this is where the increase in people coming through the door will happen.