17k Season tickets sold

1 hour ago, council owl said:

I'm basing it on 40 k that went to the final.

i bet it cost most families as much for that day out has a adult st

So the arbitrary option then, the weaker of the two opinions

I also take it that maths isn't you strong point! lol

3 hours ago, council owl said:

Its impossible for all 40k to buy one when we're limited to just over 30k in home areas. 

On plus side there's only around 13k season tickets left. 

17k is great, when was the last time we got that?

We have a fairly transient but huge fanbase and being able to capture as many of them as we can is key. I'd rather have the numbers to draw from than not. All big clubs have fair weather fans. If everyone who went to Wembley who doesn't or can't get a ST but decided to go to one or two more games a season we'd have great attendances next season

5 hours ago, council owl said:

For a lot of people, buying a season ticket is not really a financial decision, nor does it mean we are just plastic fans turning up for big games. Life, kids, family and work all have a habit of getting in the way of football and however smug you want to be with your own TrueFan status, i can guarantee that if you were me, you wouldn't have a season ticket.

Acyually, I can't guarantee it, maybe you would have a season ticket if you were me. Maybe you would be happy to miss all the midweek games because the kids need picking up from school. Maybe you would be happy to make a 400 mile round trip for every game. Maybe you would just let your business go to the wall because you decided to go to the football instead of opening on your busiest day. Maybe you would use what little spare time you can make to go to the match rather than spend with your family.

Its easy to make special plans for a day which explains Wembley for some of us but I, like many many other people, will manage to make 6,7 maybe 8 games this season at much greater effort and expense than some of the TrueFans who like so much to belittle the rest of us.

1 hour ago, londonowl said:

For a lot of people, buying a season ticket is not really a financial decision, nor does it mean we are just plastic fans turning up for big games. Life, kids, family and work all have a habit of getting in the way of football and however smug you want to be with your own TrueFan status, i can guarantee that if you were me, you wouldn't have a season ticket.

Acyually, I can't guarantee it, maybe you would have a season ticket if you were me. Maybe you would be happy to miss all the midweek games because the kids need picking up from school. Maybe you would be happy to make a 400 mile round trip for every game. Maybe you would just let your business go to the wall because you decided to go to the football instead of opening on your busiest day. Maybe you would use what little spare time you can make to go to the match rather than spend with your family.

Its easy to make special plans for a day which explains Wembley for some of us but I, like many many other people, will manage to make 6,7 maybe 8 games this season at much greater effort and expense than some of the TrueFans who like so much to belittle the rest of us.

I've had a season ticket for years and now have a 3 year one but that's a great post. Maybe a little more empathy with each other's situation wouldn't go a miss. I just want to see Hillsborough as full as poss and the team winning as much as poss every game. 

2 hours ago, londonowl said:

Best post on here for a long time 

So far so good and let's hope we can get 20000 as it would be a watershed I can't see us being far off at worst especially as I can see a surge in sales in the last few days 

But for me the important thing is keeping the numbers at this level and higher obviously promotion, is the easiest way to do this but I hope the club are on the ball in January to keep everyone on bbc n board and growing our season ticket holders 

Guest Hirstpower

Londonowl

where a abouts in London are you based? I'm in Willesden, How do you get to these 8 games? Car or train. If you go by car maybe we could share the expenses. 

Edited by Hirstpower

29 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

The st culture may just be changing...well played mr chansiri

He has played an absolute blinder with the ticket prices to stimulate this season ticket growth.

Short term pain for long term gain and all that. 

Clearly a very astute businessman.

1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

Best post on here for a long time 

Totally agree with that / London Owls comment.  Fact is that not everyone lives in Sheffield that went to Wembley and simply impossible to justify an s.t.

I would be doing a disservice to the seat if I had an st... meaning I wouldn't be sat in it half the time and potentially denying someone else the seat. 

I will go as much as is practically possible and I will sing as loud as I can but the season ticket can't be done by everyone or even half who were at Wembley.

Thrilled that this many have signed up tho. 

BUT THE BIGGEST THING IS WE NEED HILLSBOROUGH NOT TO BE A MORGUE.

Let's face it last season it was a little bit flat for some games. Rather have 10k who make loads of original noise than 25k who don't. So much to be positive about so let's get behind the best we have seen in a generation.

Olè olè, olè awww WAWAW.... 

11 hours ago, londonowl said:

Its our own fault though, innit, for not all living on Vere Road.

I have no sympathy at all for people like me.

11 hours ago, londonowl said:

Spot on pal

my budget will get me a membership

between 6 and 8 home games

couple of away days

and playoff final if we do it all again 

we'll average over 25K next season no problem.