Summats'appnin

8 minutes ago, Miffed said:

When I click on the picture why does it go upside down?

upsidedown.jpg

Because the phone will have been 'upside down' when he took the picture.  When you take a picture your phone adds information to it (in an EXIF tag) for how it should be handled orientation wise.  Some software will take notice of it, handle it, and some will work it out itself, but that's why we're seeing it upsidaisy in one place and right way around on here.

I had to deal with it a few months ago for a website i was building.  I am geek.

3 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Because the phone will have been 'upside down' when he took the picture.  When you take a picture your phone adds information to it (in an EXIF tag) for how it should be handled orientation wise.  Some software will take notice of it, handle it, and some will work it out itself, but that's why we're seeing it upsidaisy in one place and right way around on here.

I had to deal with it a few months ago for a website i was building.  I am geek.

That explanation turns my world upsidedownface.

20 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

So, assuming your phone has a button at the bottom when you're taking a photo in portrait mode, which way should you turn it to get landscape mode (and not upside down), left or right?

2 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

So, assuming your phone has a button at the bottom when you're taking a photo in portrait mode, which way should you turn it to get landscape mode (and not upside down), left or right?

Well, on an iPhone, right.  They put the 'click' on the volume buttons which will then be on the top with the idea that you use them to take the photo and not the button on screen.  That will render the right way up anywhere.  if you turn it left and the on screen button is there for you're right thumb then your world is going to fall apart.  It's doesn't happen often though, as most of the internet can handle it.

8 minutes ago, BD2OWL said:

Have we really got a full 8 weeks of this?

I sympathise.

1 minute ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Well, on an iPhone, right.  They put the 'click' on the volume buttons which will then be on the top with the idea that you use them to take the photo and not the button on screen.  That will render the right way up anywhere.  if you turn it left and the on screen button is there for you're right thumb then your world is going to fall apart.  It's doesn't happen often though, as most of the internet can handle it.

I sympathise.

Thanks. I didn't know about the volume buttons on an iPhone. I don't have one but the missus does and when she asks me to take a picture it always ends up out of focus cos I'm pushing on the screen (I think).

1 minute ago, roaminowl said:

Thanks. I didn't know about the volume buttons on an iPhone. I don't have one but the missus does and when she asks me to take a picture it always ends up out of focus cos I'm pushing on the screen (I think).

Ah right, there you go then.  Some good has come from this conversation. lol

My pictures are usually blurry but that's because I need two cans of special brew for breakfast just to stop the shakes.