John Hemmingham (Band) speaks to Jonathan Buchan

8 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

Neg away dnhc by all means.

But it's true. They are simply a hired act, no loyalty, will play for pay. Not our band at all, anyone's band if they pay.

sorry but they are the sheffield wednesday KOP band...

i see them there on a regular basis...

and IF they 'play for pay' as you state who at hillsborough are paying them, and how much?

15 minutes ago, dnhc said:

sorry but they are the sheffield wednesday KOP band...

i see them there on a regular basis...

and IF they 'play for pay' as you state who at hillsborough are paying them, and how much?

Actually they are not, they are whatever name fits the event and sponsorship obligations at the time.

Please. You are simply wrong.

According to the lad I work with (A Leeds fan), they (the Wednesday band) actually tried to play at Elland Road on a few occasions when Weeds United were playing. 

Needless to say the locals booed them out of the stadium. 

Think that says it all about them. 

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Is it true they will try to prostitute themselves out to any sporting event. 

They're a bunch of self publicists. 

You'll note that when Wednesday actually do well (say like promotion in 2012) they'll be front and center banging their drums, blowing their trumpets and generally being a bunch of annoying tw@ts. 

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You'll note that when Wednesday actually do well (say like promotion in 2012) they'll be front and center banging their drums, blowing their trumpets and generally being a bunch of annoying tw@ts. 

At which point they'll opt for "The Kop Band" moniker...

... or is it Pukka Pies, or Leeds Rhinos, or England Band or whatever...

... they've no integrity and can't be considered our band. They're hired hands. We should get rid.

13 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Pretty sure I heard the band slagging the Russians off. Is there a way of letting the Ruskies know?

They would have played "Putin had a dream, to build a war machine" if they got paid enough!

19 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

5 posts on the trot in a matter of minutes,  which one of the band planks are you?

I typed this before but it got deleted for some reason .........

As you know, your post contained abusive comments. That's your reason.

4 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

Actually they are not, they are whatever name fits the event and sponsorship obligations at the time.

Please. You are simply wrong.

they spend more time as THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY KOP BAND than anything else...

so don't be so shy about YOUR band... 

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

you can't knock 'em for that...

we've plenty turn out when something big is on...

32 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Don't think it was abusuve tbh, some folk are far too sensitive 

You're wrong, it was 100% abusive. Please play nice in future, we don't want/need that kind of atmosphere on Owlstalk. It's all about being friendly and having a laugh. Thanks.

Guest timrud

The club also have a bunch of hooligans. Should I want them too because they are OUR hooligans?

The band are anti-social and self serving.

48 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

You're wrong, it was 100% abusive. Please play nice in future, we don't want/need that kind of atmosphere on Owlstalk. It's all about being friendly and having a laugh. Thanks.

Seen far worse, think it seems to depend who said it whether it gets through or pulled

10 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Seen far worse, think it seems to depend who said it whether it gets through or pulled

Why so argumentative? It's quite simple really. You only need to worry about what you're posting but if you see a post that you think crosses the line then use the report function. Moderators can't see all the posts. 

45 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

Why so argumentative? It's quite simple really. You only need to worry about what you're posting but if you see a post that you think crosses the line then use the report function. Moderators can't see all the posts. 

Not being argumentative, just wondering why some posts get deleted and others don't. Just think it depends on the topic and the way it's directed rather than what's said. 

The way it was deleted yet others with stronger words remain made it sound as though it was highly offensive when it really wasn't. 

3 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Not being argumentative, just wondering why some posts get deleted and others don't. Just think it depends on the topic and the way it's directed rather than what's said. 

The way it was deleted yet others with stronger words remain made it sound as though it was highly offensive when it really wasn't. 

So, you'd be ok if another poster said that to you. Duly noted. Sorry, accidentally negged.

Edit: Never mind, I can fix it myself with a plus - lovely new feature.

Edited by roaminowl