John Hemmingham (Band) speaks to Jonathan Buchan

2 hours ago, UTO1867 said:

So why don't they make the same amount of noise in Hillsborough? I sing as much at home as i do away and yes it is always noisier away but its a concentration in one space of the people that sing, at Hillsborough the same 4 or 5 thousand are spread over 39,000 seats with 17,000 of them seats being empty.

I know the atmosphere will always be better away but it is demoralising for the lads on the kop who get played over every time they get a song going. 

4 hours ago, UTO1867 said:

I think people are missing my point, the atmosphere at the England match was crap and it would have still been crap had the band not been there, when the atmosphere is crap in Hillsborough it would still be crap even if they weren't there. However i do agree that when they are the dominant sound, it is irritating.

Ban them by all means if it is going to make everyone happy, the self proclaimed "social commentators" on twatter were nearly in tears about them the other day but it really is no skin off my nose and i couldn't care either way but don't expect Hillsborough to become a wall of noise all of a sudden, it isn't that long since the band were banned and the atmosphere was just as dead when it was the likes of MK Dons on a Tuesday night.

Empty seats don't sing or shout, simple as that really.

The band have drowned most of us out for the last 20 years or so. They need to feck off long term and Hillsborough will get her voice back.

The band has had its day at Hillsborough, time to go

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

watching the ENGLAND game the other night, i enjoy lookin' at all the differing clubs named on our flag...

was lookin' to see a wednesday one, then heard OUR KOP BAND strike up, brill. eh?

the others only have a flag, whilst WE have the only BAND...

Its fecking embarrassing.

Is it still our band when they're whoring themselves at Rhinos/ Boxing etc? Not exclusive to Wednesday anymore and they use our songs anywhere. Using our club to market themselves when they're not even wanted by us.

DER, DER, DER, DER, DER, DER, DER, DER, DER, TIME TO GO, DER, DER, DER, DER, BOOM, BOOM, BANG, TOOT, roger OFF, TOOT, PARP, DER, DER, TIME TO GO, BANG, DER, DER, DER, DER, DER, DER 

The SWFC official YouTube channel has posted highlights of the 3 - 1 game against Man U at home. All you can hear is that fecking drum reverberating around the stands. Its the same with all of our highlights videos and frankly its been an embarrassment for too long.

It wouldnt be so bad if they would just acknowledge peoples concerns (which are always the same), then maybe there wouldnt be so much resentment from some supporters. Why cant they just tone it down a little?

Why do we need a brass section and not just try a single drum?

21 hours ago, archieswfc said:

I know the atmosphere will always be better away but it is demoralising for the lads on the kop who get played over every time they get a song going. 

Its nearly as bad as the "ultras" singing carlos give us a wave for 90 minutes.

17 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

The band have drowned most of us out for the last 20 years or so. They need to feck off long term and Hillsborough will get her voice back.

The band has had its day at Hillsborough, time to go

There has been a number of seasons within the last 20 years where no band has been present and Hillsborough didn't get its voice back, it was exactly the same but without an annoying trumpet.

When Hillsborough is full and bouncing do you even notice the band because i certainly don't from the middle of the Kop.

16 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

There has been a number of seasons within the last 20 years where no band has been present and Hillsborough didn't get its voice back, it was exactly the same but without an annoying trumpet.

When Hillsborough is full and bouncing do you even notice the band because i certainly don't from the middle of the Kop.

So what's the point in them then?

3 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Keep up the good work, Hemo.

See you next season, and congratulations on being given a box at Hillsborough by Chansiri. You guys deserve it. 

Hopefully they'll play their instruments in the box, with the doors shut

11 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Keep up the good work, Hemo.

See you next season, and congratulations on being given a box at Hillsborough by Chansiri. You guys deserve it. 

Interesting fact. I didn't know Chansiri had any connections with the Northern Ireland government. It's simply amazeballs what one can learn from OT (and O_T too).

4 hours ago, UTO1867 said:

I moved from the Kop because the twats banging away were flipping up my ears. If I'd been sat near em at Wembley there'd be no debate, the drum would've been flattened and the trumpet shoved up Hemminghams arse along with his head