John Hemmingham (Band) speaks to Jonathan Buchan

10 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

The band first trumped up under Trickys reign. Ever since then we've been poo , must be a link there somewhere. Certainly not a good luck charm for sure

Actually we got relegated the year I got with my wife. Wondering if divorce my help us get promoted lol

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Him trying to claim some sort of credit for the atmospheres at Brighton and Wembley...

That whole interview was utter cringe. 

A celebrity in his own mind. 

I still can't bring myself to listen to him. Did he actually say this?

I liked the bit where he had a joke about the Wales band and then apologised for his joke about them a minute later. 

Top bantz 

Bantersaurus 

The England Bantz 

22 hours ago, Professor Erno said:

The atmosphere at Wembley had diddly squat to do with the tooters and parpers. Had no idea they were there my self.

How odd, that's not what a lot of band haters on here were saying is it?

So what about the Cardiff and Brighton games then? Did they ruin that at all or didn't you hear them there either?

21 hours ago, archieswfc said:

Exactly. We could also point out that the atmosphere at away games is much better with no band than home games with a band, with considerabley less people.

So why don't they make the same amount of noise in Hillsborough? I sing as much at home as i do away and yes it is always noisier away but its a concentration in one space of the people that sing, at Hillsborough the same 4 or 5 thousand are spread over 39,000 seats with 17,000 of them seats being empty.

2 hours ago, UTO1867 said:

How odd, that's not what a lot of band haters on here were saying is it?

So what about the Cardiff and Brighton games then? Did they ruin that at all or didn't you hear them there either?

To be fair, I could hear them loud and clear at Wembley the other night for the England match ... had to mute it after about 5 mins of the great escape.

Just now, Professor Erno said:

To be fair, I could hear them loud and clear at Wembley the other night for the England match ... had to mute it after about 5 mins of the great escape.

I think people are missing my point, the atmosphere at the England match was crap and it would have still been crap had the band not been there, when the atmosphere is crap in Hillsborough it would still be crap even if they weren't there. However i do agree that when they are the dominant sound, it is irritating.

Ban them by all means if it is going to make everyone happy, the self proclaimed "social commentators" on twatter were nearly in tears about them the other day but it really is no skin off my nose and i couldn't care either way but don't expect Hillsborough to become a wall of noise all of a sudden, it isn't that long since the band were banned and the atmosphere was just as dead when it was the likes of MK Dons on a Tuesday night.

Empty seats don't sing or shout, simple as that really.

5 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

I think people are missing my point, the atmosphere at the England match was crap and it would have still been crap had the band not been there, when the atmosphere is crap in Hillsborough it would still be crap even if they weren't there. However i do agree that when they are the dominant sound, it is irritating.

Ban them by all means if it is going to make everyone happy, the self proclaimed "social commentators" on twatter were nearly in tears about them the other day but it really is no skin off my nose and i couldn't care either way but don't expect Hillsborough to become a wall of noise all of a sudden, it isn't that long since the band were banned and the atmosphere was just as dead when it was the likes of MK Dons on a Tuesday night.

Empty seats don't sing or shout, simple as that really.

The atmosphere improved greatly imo when the band were banned. It took a while to start with but it definitely improved over time.