John Hemmingham (Band) speaks to Jonathan Buchan

1 hour ago, UTO1867 said:

Odd that the band didn't effect the atmosphere at the Cardiff, Brighton and Wembley games really, just a thought but maybe it is the empty seats knackering up the atmosphere and not some hate figure with a trumpet?

Hi John

13 hours ago, alanharper said:

Poor Jonathan Buchan. I had the misfortune of being talked at by Hemmingham once whilst travelling to an away game, it was all "I've done this", and "I've been there" and "I've met him".

It was like that bit in Airplane when the old woman hangs herself.

lol

1 hour ago, UTO1867 said:

Odd that the band didn't effect the atmosphere at the Cardiff, Brighton and Wembley games really, just a thought but maybe it is the empty seats knackering up the atmosphere and not some hate figure with a trumpet?

The atmosphere at Wembley had diddly squat to do with the tooters and parpers. Had no idea they were there my self.

56 minutes ago, Professor Erno said:

The atmosphere at Wembley had diddly squat to do with the tooters and parpers. Had no idea they were there my self.

Exactly. We could also point out that the atmosphere at away games is much better with no band than home games with a band, with considerabley less people.

3 hours ago, UTO1867 said:

Ironically there was a period in the home semi final where the atmosphere needed effecting (it was the 10-15 minute period after FF's goal was disallowed) and they didn't do it because they can't do it, neither the fans or players are lifted by them.

They're as much a relic of a bygone era as Geoff Hulley, Kaven Walker, Geoff Sheard et al, time to move on.

3 hours ago, Kate said:

Do they actually get paid?

Are they even Wednesday fans anymore?

Their time has expired. Get rid.

I was told by someone I know very well that they get paid for playing at Leeds Rhinos. When my friends said to they had sold out, the response was, something to the effect of "do you get paid in your job? I have to earn money too." Well then get a real job like everyone else, sunshine.

No true 100% Wednesday fan would degrade the honour of our club and their own support, by standing side-by-side with L**ds fans, playing Marching On Together and WALAW.  

The time for them to go was years ago. I have zero time for them. Yes, they may get the occasional song going at Hillsborough, but they offer nothing tangible to the overall atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

No true 100% Wednesday fan would degrade the honour of our club and their own support, by standing side-by-side with L**ds fans, playing  WALAW.  

This bit shouldn't irritate me as much as it should. I know football fans nick each other's songs....fine. But the fact that it was the 'wednesday' band that started this for Leeds winds me up no end.

John and the band are all massive SWFC fans. They helped get SWFC publicity during a time, when the football being played got none.

Imagine the conversation:

'John, for the next 15 years,would you & your mates like to play at tournaments/events round the world, sometimes for cash and sometimes for free trip, you're also likely to be needed for a few TV appearances and mix with celebs. It'll include travelling with England to all the corners of the globe.'

'errr no mate, I'll not bother with all that carry on, cause some SWFC  fans might think it's disloyal, Go and ask another band'

Get a grip. They created an opportunity for themselves from nothing, and took advantage, like we all would.

Some right jealous, little nobodies on here.

11 minutes ago, Kate said:

This bit shouldn't irritate me as much as it should. I know football fans nick each other's songs....fine. But the fact that it was the 'wednesday' band that started this for Leeds winds me up no end.

Agree. Happens all the time, footie fans nicking songs..... but the band just seem to take our own songs and do it on purpose. Every song that has been popular with our fans, the band have played at England games. They were even trying the bounce song at one time. We used to sing the great escape (even when we werent in relegation battles) but now it seems more synonymous with England. Cant anything be sacred just to Wednesday?

And then they started playing the Crystal Palace relegation theme tune on the Kop.

15 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

John and the band are all massive SWFC fans. They helped get SWFC publicity during a time, when the football being played got none.

'John, for the next 15 years,would you & your mates like to play at tournaments/events round the world, sometimes for cash and sometimes for free trip, you're also likely to be needed for a few TV appearances and mix with celebs. It'll include travelling with England to all the corners of the globe.'

'errr no mate, I'll not bother with all that carry on, cause some SWFC  fans might think it's disloyal, Go and ask another band'

Get a grip. They created an opportunity for themselves from nothing, and took advantage, like we all would.

Fair point. But not knowing when you've out stayed your welcome is the problem. They are not wanted at Hillsborough yet carry on for personal gain.

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

When you say "nobodies", are you referring to the 20,000 plus "nobodies", that for years have collectively contributed to the promotion of our club, without resorting to the use of a musical instruments? I'm not on a wind-up/dig, but in the interests of nutrality, are you a member of, or affiliated, with the band in anyway?

So here's my take.....

"Hello darling, just to let you know that I'm about to sleep with that person up the road, who you hate. Why? Because they are paying me, and I expect you to accept I will be doing this week in, week out and be let back in to the matrimonial bed, without a hint of complaint"

Smacks of nothing short of narcissistic behaviour to me.