Jose Semedo offered new contract

21 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I think Jose would be selling himself short by signing another extension here. Who doesn't love Semedo?! He's a great guy. But, at 31, he could serve another club very well for 2-3yrs and then come back to us. A good athlete, keeps himself in great condition. A footballer's playing career is relatively short. Does he wanna waste his latter years in our reserves? Might regret that further down the line.

For selfish reasons, I hope he stays. But, he needs to make the right decision for himself - whatever that may be. 

I hear what you're saying, but for Jose to get consistent match time he would probably have to drop down to the pub league. 

Maybe he would rather stay here as 'cover' and surround himself with what he knows & loves rather than plough his trade with Port Vale or someone!

I think purely from our perspective, he is invaluable in what he offers around the club. You could see that from how he helped console & lift the players after Wembley.

Personalities don't come around like him all that often, which is why Lee Bullen is still with us.

Three years ago, we couldn't have got him off the wage bill fast enough, now we don't need to, which shows how far we've come.