Jose Semedo offered new contract

34 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Pointless. Shows a total lack of ambition.

Chansiri is supposed to be a business man, offering a player like Semedo a contract is comical.

I get that Semedo has been brilliant for us, but we had a chance to say goodbye and should have done so.

Why keep dead wood?

I agree and my first reaction was "why the f##k would they do that?"

However, he's really not going to play regularly if at all, and he won't be costing much, if anything I'd imagine he's been offered reduced terms,  so if he's good to have around and there's a benefit to him being at the club even though he won't be in the team, why not?

From his own point of view though, I'd want to move on and play some football somewhere, but I can't see him leaving.

Hope this is one of those decisions where we can look back on at the end of the season, and say Mr Chansiri played a blinder...and its not been made for sentimental reasons.

Was gutted for him at the Molineux, when we were clapping him off, but happy for him to stay :)

I honestly don't see a problem with this move, he can have an important role in this new era for our football club Him signing another contract won't in any way inhibit our dealings as far as squad shortcomings are concerned

For the first time in a long long time, I can say 'have faith in the chairman and manager'.

Renewing his contact may not have been what we would all have done, but I think the people in charge now actually know what they are doing. 

People commenting how good he is for the team off the pitch.

how the bloody hell they know is beyond me.

thing is, you're just guessing.

shouldve got shut.

7 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

wow love getting negged because I want to see players on the pitch that can play football.

This places ceases to amaze me lol

In fairness I thought your post wasn't that bad, it's fine to be underwhelmed - some of the others calling it pointless or calling him dead wood I think are a bit short sighted. 

Hes dependable, motivated and good to be around even when not getting game time so as long as it's not breaking the bank seems solid decision to me. 

But it that's different to being excited by the prospect of him re-signing like I was excited by FF joining or Westwood re-signing. But to progress we need a mixture of components and he seems to be one of them.