Interesting new contract offers

35 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I wonder if Lavery might be a bit miffed at the offer. 

Its very unlikely he's got a future here, and it's pretty much agreed that the offer is to ensure we get maximum compo for him. 

But with clubs now knowing they'll have a fee to pay to sign Lavery, that could have serious implications on the contracts offers he'll get from other clubs. 

Its highly possible, that Wednesday's offer could be the best deal he gets, which he accepts and negotiates a loan deal away from the club at the same time. 

I'm sure he will be, yes

The way I've read this, is if you've got money for the wrong players (all 3 unlikely to play) 

Then you're sure enough going to provide for the right players. So no doubt Chansiri will spend again.

My only concern is, CC's foreign signings Joao, Matias, Sougou, Sasso, Lopez didn't actually provide an undroppable 1st team player. Alex Lopez being the closest but he was still dropped in the final.

I hope if CC uses the foreign market, he'll buy players already adjusted, Jonathan Kodija would be top of my list

run of the mill players love contracts i'd bet lavery is delighted , another year on championship money with the prospect of going out on loan and getting himself a lucrative free

next summer when he doesnt have to go to a tribunal .....

Shows a slight lack of ambition in my view which is a little concerning - none are good enough to get us where we need to go to so why keep them on?

Semi good for morale and having round the Dressing Room?  Is that enough for a new contract...mmm not sure.  The players are grownup professionals, not a bunch of schoolboys...but if its for Coaching then fair enough.

Lavery is lower Champ/L1 and Price is 3rd Choice. 

There is no room for sentimentality here after last season - we have to have a squad that will get us up...expectations are going to be high next season.

Hopefully more quality will come in - its needed!  But they wont come cheap and we will need all the funds we can get hold of.

There is a still a lot of dead wood here that needs shifting and it wasn't the start I was expecting, just hope there are progressive ambitious plans in the pipeline which will put this into perspective.

25 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Shows a slight lack of ambition in my view which is a little concerning - none are good enough to get us where we need to go to so why keep them on?

Semi good for morale and having round the Dressing Room?  Is that enough for a new contract...mmm not sure.  The players are grownup professionals, not a bunch of schoolboys...but if its for Coaching then fair enough.

There is no room for sentimentality here after last season - we have to have a squad that will get us up...expectations are going to be high next season.

Hopefully more quality will come in - its needed!  But they wont come cheap and we will need all the funds we can get hold of.

There is a still a lot of dead wood here that needs shifting and it wasn't the start I was expecting, just hope there are progressive ambitious plans in the pipeline which will put this into perspective.

Why do you use such terms when talking about players who give there all? Fair enough to comment about your take on if they are suitable for our squad but why call players "dead wood". 

Semi certainly can't be described as dead wood and if Lavery hasn't come up to our expectations it is not from lack of effort. Price knew he was coming here to back-up our 2 main keepers and has done better than most thought he would.

Please don't use those disrespectful terms for players who try their best for us, they don't deserve that.

Can't see the problem. Unlike the Premiership we dont have a squad limit and if Mr C is happy for him and others to stay fair enough. As others have said the rules around loans change next season so replacing injured players might not be as easy.

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

it's obvious isnt it ......we can get money for lavery if we offer him a deal so why wouldnt they keep him .....price knows he's 3rd choice and a decent one at that ,why release him then have to go and get another who may not be as good .......semedo if he's been retained just as player is a strange one but there,s probably another role for him to play .

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I wonder what sort of fee a tribunal will set? I read last week, an article by the Portsmouth manager, saying that he thought Lavery would be out of their range because a tribunal would likely make them pay around £400,000 That seems a little high to me, knowing how these tribunal seem to err on the low side

Tribunals don't just pluck a figure out of the air

They have to take several things into account - such as value of contract offered, 1st team appearances, international appearances and appearances at other lcubs on loan - and obviously the level thos eappearances were at

i wouldn't say £400k is on the high side at all taking everything into account

6 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Not sure why fair enough if Semedo would be coaching - pretty sure he's shown more as a player than a coach.