Interesting new contract offers

Price looked a bit dodgy when he first arrived, particularly in the cup games that he played. When he stood in for Westwood later in the season he looked a bit more assured. Hes still young with a lot to learn and he has represented his country at U19, U21 and senior level so Im glad we havent decided to write him off.

9 minutes ago, RichieB said:

I know, it is strange for us isn't it, we normally have over 10 players who have contracts expiring. However things are different now, we clearly have some thought and planning to the way we do things. 

If you look at the best teams/clubs in the world they don't wait for players contracts to run down, not the ones they want to keep that is, they plan and get contracts sorted well in advance. I suspect the contracts we were prepared to let run down was to see which division we would be in, I don't think Semedo and Price would have these offers if we went up. But that's just my opinion. 

Having some assets to tie down makes a nice change. It was usually a case of let them know last minute and only if we don't think we can get anyone better for the same average wage lol

I suppose if we can't bring players in on an emergency loan, then we can't loan any of our youngsters out either using the same system? I think there may be some provision for teams to borrow a keeper in special circumstances

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Having some assets to tie down makes a nice change. It was usually a case of let them know last minute and only if we don't think we can get anyone better for the same average wage lol

Exactly lol

33 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Price looked a bit dodgy when he first arrived, particularly in the cup games that he played. When he stood in for Westwood later in the season he looked a bit more assured. Hes still young with a lot to learn and he has represented his country at U19, U21 and senior level so Im glad we havent decided to write him off.

What the bloody hell are you on about, he's almost fecking 32 lol

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

What the bloody hell are you on about, he's almost fecking 32 lol

holy shitwasp, I never noticed lol

Where does the time go? Hes still relatively young for a keeper though, Neville Southall played in the Premier League in his 40's

People are mentioning coaching roles all the time for Semedo as though he is a veteran at the end of his career.  He is only 31-same as Wallace and younger than Loovens,Westwood and Sougou. I'm sure he'll want to carry on for a lot longer but if he were to do a bit of mentoring then great but I think he might do that already with the younger players

3 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Is that it ?

Hoping for more if i'm honest, Bus,Lachman,Sasso,Mcgugan,Dielna etc,being paid for nowt,get em on transfer listed,or mutually consent to bugger off,six loanees gone off wage bill,those players mentioned above,won't/don't offer anything,11 wages gone or to go,could go towards three quality players,come on wednesday sort it aht.

This isn't us saying "thats it, no more moves out". Its the list you have to submit to the FL regarding  your intentions towards players who are out of contract.

Contracted players can sign't anywhere else until 1st July, even if we release them.

11 minutes ago, Nath83 said:

I thought there were a few more:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday/vertragsende/verein/1035

Appears to suggest Melo, Hutch & Wildsmith are out of contract too.

Hutch and Wildsmith signed new deals in Jan (can't remember lengths)

Melo signed a 3.5(?) year deal last January so he won't be going anywhere

4 hours ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

Semedo barely featured this season and won't do next season either. He loves the club so worth keeping, will eventually go into a coaching role of some sort.

Price as a third choice keeper worth keeping as well, does no harm keeping him or letting him go.

Also Lavery is expected to leave, this new deal will get more of a fee for him if he does, if he doesn't he'll be out on loan.

Good business by Wednesday for me personally. 

I thought loans were a thing of the past now. Must've got it wrong. Are they still around next year?

We can decide who we want to keep for whatever reason, with a contract that the club are happy with. Nothing wrong with that. Feels good to not be trying to keep players simply because we can't afford replacements who might be less able.

30 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Lavery unlikely to sign a new deal even though offered.

Not surprising really, he is a good talent who should be playing 1st team football somewhere.

I wonder what sort of fee a tribunal will set? I read last week, an article by the Portsmouth manager, saying that he thought Lavery would be out of their range because a tribunal would likely make them pay around £400,000 That seems a little high to me, knowing how these tribunal seem to err on the low side

I wonder if Lavery might be a bit miffed at the offer. 

Its very unlikely he's got a future here, and it's pretty much agreed that the offer is to ensure we get maximum compo for him. 

But with clubs now knowing they'll have a fee to pay to sign Lavery, that could have serious implications on the contracts offers he'll get from other clubs. 

Its highly possible, that Wednesday's offer could be the best deal he gets, which he accepts and negotiates a loan deal away from the club at the same time. 

Edited by frastheowl