Interesting new contract offers

24 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I get Lavery contract offer is more of a business decision. I hope he moves on and finds a club. I don't think he will ever be Manchester United or even Wednesday regular but could have a useful career at club like Chesterfield or Plymouth.

Yep

11 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

These 3 getting new contracts can go on the list for unusual things Chansiri has done at this club. Nuhiu and Loovens long term contracts. Signing Hunt in January when we had him for a season long loan.

We have a good bunch of players that need to be left behind now for us to grow. Yet we keep trying to be the club that give players contracts because they are nice guys and try hard. Pudil shouldn’t get bought for me either.

Need to get our squad up to the standards of Derby and keeping players like these will not get us there anytime soon.

Truffle truffle

Sheffield Wednesday are in talks regarding the permanent signing of Daniel Pudil. 

The Watford left-back enjoyed a successful season-long loan with the Owls last term, making 42 appearances. He is currently on international duty with the Czech Republic. 

*from Yorkshire Post*

2 minutes ago, mike312 said:

So we haven't released any senior players? Or are they just assuming that we know who is out of contract and isn't offered a deal? Seems a bit odd.

Its not odd. There are no other senior players out of contract, the ones who were have been offered new deals. 

The only players to leave are the loan players. We seemingly did our contracts for the players we want to keep in January. Nice to have a chairman who makes plans in advance for a change. 

Just now, RichieB said:

Its not odd. There are no other senior players out of contract, the ones who were have been offered new deals. 

The only players to leave are the loan players. We seemingly did our contracts for the players we want to keep in January. Nice to have a chairman who makes plans in advance for a change. 

I agree, it's good that we seem to be organised, I just can't remember the last time we didn't release some players.

We also have to think about the chemistry of the group, keeping the squad together and just adding the missing ingredients, will ensure that the spirit remains intact. Also, there will be no opportunity for short term loans next season, so we have to make sure we are prepared for every eventuality

2 minutes ago, mike312 said:

I agree, it's good that we seem to be organised, I just can't remember the last time we didn't release some players.

I know, it is strange for us isn't it, we normally have over 10 players who have contracts expiring. However things are different now, we clearly have some thought and planning to the way we do things. 

If you look at the best teams/clubs in the world they don't wait for players contracts to run down, not the ones they want to keep that is, they plan and get contracts sorted well in advance. I suspect the contracts we were prepared to let run down was to see which division we would be in, I don't think Semedo and Price would have these offers if we went up. But that's just my opinion. 

Semi and Price are key players off the pitch. We all know about Semedo, and whenever a player is interviewed they often mention that Price is the funny guy. Also a perfectly good third choice.

Expect Lavery to leave.

27 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Semi and Price are key players off the pitch. We all know about Semedo, and whenever a player is interviewed they often mention that Price is the funny guy. Also a perfectly good third choice.

Expect Lavery to leave.

This is it, although the news came as a bit of a surprise, it makes sense, and none of these three deals will effect incomings in any way

Makes sense.

semedo says he'd take a pay cut to stay. No brainier for the club given that he has value behind the scenes as a mentally strong character. But the question is, shouldn't he be playing somewhere?

lavery is purely to make sure we get some compensation. IMO. If he stays he will be loaned out anyway so he should make a clean break. 

Price is obviously willing to play third fiddle and perhaps we don't think there is any point rocking the boat there.

its a shame for some of the younger lads such as croasdale. I presume Wallace has triggered an automatic renewal?