Interesting new contract offers

Price is fine. He'll be third choice behind Westwood and Wildsmith. Possibly allows us to loan out Wildsmith if that's what the club wish to do.

Semedo is a no brainer. Everyone loves him, Carlos says he's good for the squad and dressing room. For another season of Championship football, he's totally fine to keep around and play his part, however increasingly small that ends up being. It's not like he will be a drain of our assets. 

Lavery, eh. Reportedly has offers on the table and I hope he takes one. Not really one that makes sense for either club or player.

No need to rip up too much of the squad for no reason. Price and Semedo are totally serviceable Championship squad players, who will barely play this season but allow us to strengthen with genuine quality without worrying about having to also bring in back up.

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Price is fine. He'll be third choice behind Westwood and Wildsmith. Possibly allows us to loan out Wildsmith if that's what the club wish to do.

Semedo is a no brainer. Everyone loves him, Carlos says he's good for the squad and dressing room. For another season of Championship football, he's totally fine to keep around and play his part, however increasingly small that ends up being. It's not like he will be a drain of our assets. 

Lavery, eh. Reportedly has offers on the table and I hope he takes one. Not really one that makes sense for either club or player.

No need to rip up too much of the squad for no reason. Price and Semedo are totally serviceable Championship squad players, who will barely play this season but allow us to strengthen with genuine quality without worrying about having to also bring in back up.

I was just going to post something similar. A third choice keeper is probably quite difficult to get in so keeping him makes sense.

Semedo we all know wants to stay and everyone loves him.

Lavery is the strange one unless we are trying to help him out in negotiating with other clubs

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

With Lavery being 24 and under, we need to offer him a contract of equal wages to what he's on now to be entitled to the maximum possible amount of compensation fee if he were to leave somewhere else

Aha!

All seem sensible to me.

Price is just what you need for a third keeper and will likely never play more than the odd game when Westwood and Wildsmith are both out, if they are out long term we'd bring a keeper in.

Lavery will move on but allows us to get some compo.

Semedo, I imagine is more with an eye on being great to have around the squad, good with the younger players, helps with the Portuguese players and in a future ambassador / coaching role. He'd be good for the early cup rounds if we want to rotate the team in too.

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

With Lavery being 24 and under, we need to offer him a contract of equal wages to what he's on now to be entitled to the maximum possible amount of compensation fee if he were to leave somewhere else

Lets hope he doesn't do a Dean Hammond. :laugh:

Semedo barely featured this season and won't do next season either. He loves the club so worth keeping, will eventually go into a coaching role of some sort.

Price as a third choice keeper worth keeping as well, does no harm keeping him or letting him go.

Also Lavery is expected to leave, this new deal will get more of a fee for him if he does, if he doesn't he'll be out on loan.

Good business by Wednesday for me personally. 

Is that it ?

Hoping for more if i'm honest, Bus,Lachman,Sasso,Mcgugan,Dielna etc,being paid for nowt,get em on transfer listed,or mutually consent to bugger off,six loanees gone off wage bill,those players mentioned above,won't/don't offer anything,11 wages gone or to go,could go towards three quality players,come on wednesday sort it aht.

Can see why they've all been offered.

Lavery for money

Price for experience (did well when called upon too) - also may allow us to loan out Wildsmith?

Semedo for his experience, his abilities as a role model & mentor off the pitch. Helped settle in a lot of foreign players this season. If he's happy to sign a new deal then I'm happy to keep him.

Would expect Semedo and Price to take their deals. Price won't get a better offer. Nor Semedo maybe, though he would get more game time in a lower league.

Lavery will take his chance & leave.

8 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Is that it ?

Hoping for more if i'm honest, Bus,Lachman,Sasso,Mcgugan,Dielna etc,being paid for nowt,get em on transfer listed,or mutually consent to bugger off,six loanees gone off wage bill,those players mentioned above,won't/don't offer anything,11 wages gone or to go,could go towards three quality players,come on wednesday sort it aht.

Dielna has left, Sasso has gone back to Braga - the others are still in contract, though they may still be moved on if there are any takers

These 3 getting new contracts can go on the list for unusual things Chansiri has done at this club. Nuhiu and Loovens long term contracts. Signing Hunt in January when we had him for a season long loan.

We have a good bunch of players that need to be left behind now for us to grow. Yet we keep trying to be the club that give players contracts because they are nice guys and try hard. Pudil shouldn’t get bought for me either.

Need to get our squad up to the standards of Derby and keeping players like these will not get us there anytime soon.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

I suspect that is exactly what has happened, and was mentioned by the Portsmouth manager last week

Edited by gurujuan