Kieren Westwood

So dodgy Internet/Facebook account comes up with unfounded rumour regarding one of our players....

....in other news, Field Marshal Sir Douglas Haig admits day one of the Battle of the Somme, "did not go well."

Chansiri stated after wembley that our best players would not be sold, so the bit about a bid being accepted is BS in my opinion and also westwood isnt a mercenary like antonio jumping from ship to ship to see if things are better over there, westwood recognizes that we gave him his second bite of the cherry and have had faith in him and he is repaying it, plus didnt he turn everton or liverpool down last season so i dont think for a minute he'd goto boro

5 hours ago, warner said:

Chansiri stated after wembley that our best players would not be sold, so the bit about a bid being accepted is BS in my opinion and also westwood isnt a mercenary like antonio jumping from ship to ship to see if things are better over there, westwood recognizes that we gave him his second bite of the cherry and have had faith in him and he is repaying it, plus didnt he turn everton or liverpool down last season so i dont think for a minute he'd goto boro

Tbf Antonio must have felt that he was better than a mid to lower table Championship side, and the fact that two seasons later he starred for a top six Prem side and even flirted with England suggests he was right.

I do think things are different now. We are clear promotion contenders, and have massively improved our public and media profile. I think we have a decent chance of keeping Westwood, but even though we are a bigger, better and more exciting club, the lure of an established Prem club would be tough to turn down.

7 hours ago, warner said:

he's had more clubs than antonio .....

Guest oz_owl
13 hours ago, warner said:

It's been mentioned already, but if there is genuinely a release clause in his contract (and it wouldn't surprise me if there was) then the club has to accept any which meets it.  Then it's up to the player.  Similar to the situation with Vardy and Arsenal at the moment.

On 6/6/2016 at 20:50, Bobster01 said:

Oh one of them stories is it. Don't these people have something better to do than worry supporters who are already way to excited. Me one of them

That's what I always think, which is why I tend to believe them. Really sad that people come up with this rubbish, what the point in it is anyway I've no idea.