Joao and Nuhiu or New?

Guest Fedor
1 hour ago, The Talisman said:

I think the main issue with your analysis is that I don't think that we generally setup with two out and out strikers against the top 6 teams (I note there are 3 above whereas you would expect 4 games out of 19 on a pro data basis) or away from home.

Maybe we do need to attack more away from home to improve results but most sides setup more defensively away from home. 

Wasting your time , he sees everything as black and white , this is the 78th thread he/s started on this subject in 3 weeks/

Guest Fedor

Joao and Nuhiu

Nuhiu and Joao

FF left and Nuhiu

FF left and Joao

FF left and New

FF left and Nuhiu/Hooper

FF left and Joao/Hooper

Should we play FF left

and on and on and on and on

1 hour ago, Eightace said:

If we dont bring in any new players then we arent going to be in contention for the top two. Simple.

Joao and nuhiu can do a job but it would be mad not to try and improve the team.

This^^^

I agree with most on here, we have to keep Joao and there should be no question over that at all... He is a young lad in a foreign country and it cannot be easy. What glimpses we have seen of him have been good, and let's not forget this is his first season in English football. 

On to Nuhiu, I am a massive fan. I think for a team looking to finish top ten which was our realistic aim last season he is good enough. However to make us real contenders we simply need better, I think the club and Nuhiu would both benefit with a move. 

6 hours ago, n_v_owls said:

I agree with most on here, we have to keep Joao and there should be no question over that at all... He is a young lad in a foreign country and it cannot be easy. What glimpses we have seen of him have been good, and let's not forget this is his first season in English football. 

On to Nuhiu, I am a massive fan. I think for a team looking to finish top ten which was our realistic aim last season he is good enough. However to make us real contenders we simply need better, I think the club and Nuhiu would both benefit with a move. 

When I started the thread I posed a question, rather than give my opinion. Your reply pretty much sums up my own opinion on the matter.

I think we need a proven top striker at this level, a Kodjia, Martin type player, who will start the season as Hooper's partner. 

I think Joao has to work his rocks off to impress both in training and in the 20 minutes he gets as a sub, or in League Cup matches, to make like hard for Carlos to leave him out. 

I think that gives us fantastically strong options:-

Fessi Hooper Newbig Wallace

Fessi Hooper Joao Wallace

Someone Fessi Newbig Wallace (if Hooper out)

Someone Fessi Joao Wallace (ditto)

Newbig alone, with midfield 5 (an option with a newbig but absolutely not an option with our current squad)

I would dearly love Nuhiu to stay to be a 4th striker. He would not get a lot of game time with Hooper, Newbig and Joao ahead of him, but I would be 100 % happy that he would give his all and make a difference when he came on. I have no idea if CC sees 4 strikers as viable.

Definately move Nuhiu on. Keeping him would just keep a developement player (hirst) from getting squad time.

Maybe, one more season for Joao, or try & get our money back.

Buy striker to play in a 4-5-1 & play hooper from the bench.

I think personally we should send Joao out on loan to league one to get some goals and bring him some confidence, if not affective send him on his bike, I reckon we need to splash a bit of cash on a powerful striker can't think of who of top of my head, someone like Dave but on a different level, we always get crosses into box but not got anyone to get on the end of them even when saves on pitch he drifts outside to much for my liking.